Ready to build new PC... Is now the time?

deadheadharry

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
Hey guys. I am ready to build a new PC and after talking to some friends on another forum, we came to the conclusion I can build a PC for around 600 bucks(without monitor,mouse,keyboard,speakers) that will run great. The question is, should I wait to buy? I am not sure of new technology coming out and I figure if I can wait maybe 1 month, a new piece of equipment will come out and drop prices for the "old" stuff. Any new CPU/GPU/Motherboard stuff coming out that will knock down the price of things? Let me know. Thanks

Harrison

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
If you think like that you will consistently be waiting for the latest price drop. Each manufacturer is always working on something, that will be coming down the pipeline.

AMD will have AM3 processors. Then Intel will be coming with i5. So as you can see new stuff and revamp current tech, is being released all the time.

Take the plunge after this month at least. Rumor has it that Intel is dropping prices at the end of this month, in light of the latest AMD processor release.

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Well you got nothing to loose if you wait till February.

However, you can probably even build your system now and start enjoying your new comp. It's really up to you.

What you might do is price out your stuff with your e-tailer or local shop, and if a bargain comes by that you can't refuse..Take it.