Sign in with
Your question

Will I be able to sli in this case?

Last response: in Components
April 10, 2009 2:33:01 AM

I'm not sure of what dimensions I will need to sli gtx 260.

LIAN LI PC-60BPLUSII Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Let me know if I need a full tower case. I would like to keep my case on the smaller side being that I live in a tiny apartment.

My second choice is the rc-690, but I like the lian li for build quality, extra fans and the sale newegg is having on them :) 

Thanks in advance!

More about : sli case

April 10, 2009 2:43:04 AM

Given the relative position of the drive cage to the expansion slots I would have to say no. There will be no room or very little. (check the cons on the first review :) )

With your budget I would recommend the cooler master 690 or antec 900.
I personally have the 690 and the build quality is good and there is enough room for sli/cf configs.
April 10, 2009 2:53:08 AM

Thanks for the response!

I read that review too... I was hoping it was just a fluke, and the guy didn't know what he was talking about being that was the only review that stated that.

The rc 690 seems huge though... Did I mention I live in an apartment not much bigger than a mouse hole?
Related resources
April 10, 2009 3:22:29 AM

Which dimension should I be looking at (HxWxD) when seeing if a case will fit sli? I will admit this is my first build, but I've been researching for about a month now. From the pics I've seen, I should be looking at the width. Comparing the width of the both the cases, the antec is .5" wider. Will that really be the space difference I need to sli?

I appreciate you guys helping me out here. I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
April 10, 2009 3:39:12 AM

Look at other reviews, there are plenty of reviewers that have placed sli setups in the 300. I would look at length but it is difficult to find specs for the length of the video cards and then try to figure out on paper if it will fit.

The reason why that lian-li is inadequate is how they placed the drive cage, its placed far out away from the front panel, once you install your hard drives you sh** out of room for video cards.

The drive bays on the 300 are more traditional and closer to the front panel and because there are several bays you can mount your drive below or above your video cards.
April 10, 2009 4:08:53 AM

would you guys recommend the antec 300 over the rc 690?
!