Problem after updating bios.

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • BIOS
  • Computer
  • CD-Rom
Last response: in Motherboards
June 2, 2009 5:50:01 AM

So, first of all my mobo is the P5N-D. I was using the program in the CD the mobo came with. After updating it I restarted my computer. Something came up and I wasn't paying attention. Then I just restarted the computer again, but this time I got nothing. It was just a blank screen and the fan didn't sound the same as normal.

Every time I attempt to turn on the computer I just get a black screen. I'm not sure what to do. Do I need to replace my BIOs chip?

More about : problem updating bios

a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2009 6:08:11 AM

I have a P5N-D as well but I'm not sure if I can bail you out of this one. If you have a motherboard speaker are you getting any beeps? If you don't have a speaker installed and you have one around the house pop it in.
June 2, 2009 6:11:21 AM

Um... I have one and I don't seem to get a beep. A beep I should be able to here from fairly far away right? Cause if so then no beep.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2009 6:20:42 AM

If you have a speaker and you are not getting any beeps, it's a pretty good sign that the board is damaged. Some say bad ram will also cause no beep but if I'm having an issue with my ram the speaker sends out continious noise. It would probably be safe to say its the board since you just had a bad bios flash. Last resort:

Remove the hardware except CPU/Heatsink and PSU connections. Unplug the PSU and remove CMOS battery. Discharge the motherboard by holding in the power button while touching the metal part of the case for approx 30 sec. Put the battery back in, video card, and 1 stick of ram in the B1 slot and see if you can post.
June 2, 2009 6:48:06 AM

Alright, but if that doesn't work would I have nothing else I can do with it?
!