Asus P5K-VM will not display anything

lightspeedt

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
I've had this computer since August 2007:
Asus P5K-VM, Intel C2D E4300, 2GB Crucial Ballistix, eVGA 8600 GTS 256MB, Dell 17" LCD monitor

I have never overclocked... except for setting the memory to 2.0V it has been running on default settings.

A few days ago the Dell monitor died and would not turn on at all. So I replaced it with a 19" Viewsonic. It worked for one night, and the next day it went black, saying it had no signal.

I tried moving it to a different DVI port, taking out the video card and using the onboard VGA, resetting the CMOS, and also tried another monitor (although the Viewsonic works when plugged into another computer)

So in a nutshell, even when I take out the video card, plug the monitor into the onboard VGA port, and reset the CMOS, it still doesn't display anything.

There are no POST beeps at all. I just turn on the computer, the fans spin, DVD opens/closes, HDD spins up, but nothing gets displayed on the screen.

I really hope I don't have to replace the motherboard, but does anyone have other ideas before I do that?

tomcataz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Lightspeedt from Tomcataz: I have asrock 780FullHD, Gskill 4gb ddr2 800, amd 7750 BE,oc'd to 2.7, no big deal, powercooler 4850.
All was fine until psu conked out. Got new Cooler Master 460 watt psu, does same thing.
Have 5 fans , all light up & run, no beep, no video. Whether on board or using card. I need answer also as Asrock,
subsidiary of Asus, hasn't got back to me. Any help would be appreciated