Sign in with
Your question

Need help overclocking nvidia 7900 gs

Last response: in Overclocking
July 2, 2010 2:33:29 AM

I am trying to overclock my nvidia 7900 gs and I was wondering what a safe core clock and memory clock would be. I am using Riva Tuner. Currently the core clock is at 450 and memory clock is 660. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
a b } Memory
July 2, 2010 2:35:23 AM

Every card is different. Just keep upping the settings 10-20MHz at a time, and then run a GPU Stress Testing program such as FurMark. If the temperatures are acceptable, and there aren't any artifacts, bump it up some more. Once you start getting artifacts, you know you've pushed it too far.
m
l
July 2, 2010 2:39:22 AM

Well I am a newb at this. I will download FurMark but not sure what temp would be acceptable and also not sure what artifacts are. I probably shouldnt even be messing with it. Trying to get an improvement in some games.
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2010 4:21:17 PM

amwilcut said:
Well I am a newb at this. I will download FurMark but not sure what temp would be acceptable and also not sure what artifacts are. I probably shouldnt even be messing with it. Trying to get an improvement in some games.

i wouldnt go above around 74C degrees. but honestly with the 7900 your not going to see much improvement. just unless you want that little extra boost of maybe 2-3fps to make games playable.

like he said just keep raising each by 10mhz or so and run furmark. but i wouldnt go above 10% increase overall.
m
l
July 9, 2010 6:50:55 PM

OC'd at 480/550 (1100) not bad. Temps idle about 55-60, get up to around 80 when gaming. Completely stable, no artifacts.
m
l
!