Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

My Mobo doesn't detect my new video card!!!!

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics Cards
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
February 8, 2009 12:52:33 PM

I'm very frustrated!! I bought a new video card and my computer doesn't detect it!!

I have Conroe865GV motherboard
Pentium D 2.66Ghz CPU
1GB Veritech DDR1 400Mhz RAM
600W PSU 25A on 12V rail

The old one I was using was Nvidia FX5500
the video card I bought is DDR2 Memory
Visiontek X1650Pro

I uninstalled all programs from Nvidia!!

does my motherboard only support video cards with DDR1 Video Memory???

please help me!! I'm very frustrated!!! T_T I still can't play Medieval War II total war Y_Y
please help??? anyone's opinion is very much appreciated!!!

More about : mobo detect video card

a c 330 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 8, 2009 2:33:09 PM

Have you plugged in the extra power connector?
Your motherboard is fine, system RAM (on the motherboard) is totally seperate from that on the video card. For example my video card has GDDR5 memory while my MB uses DDR2.
February 8, 2009 2:37:37 PM

yup!! I plugged the power connector in!! T_T it says in my motherboard overview it has AGI 8x slot.,. but my Video card is AGP.,.

what the heck is and AGI and AGP anyway?? thanks for helping me!! ^_^ many poeple viewed this but didn't even tried to help me T_T
Related resources
February 8, 2009 3:11:30 PM

yup!! I plugged the power connector in!! T_T it says in my motherboard overview it has AGI 8x slot.,. but my Video card is AGP.,.

what the heck is and AGI and AGP anyway?? thanks for helping me!! ^_^ many poeple viewed this but didn't even tried to help me T_T
a b U Graphics card
February 8, 2009 3:30:54 PM

Have you tried resetting your BIOS? If you open the PC case there should be a plastic jumper located near to the CMOS battery. Reset the BIOS and re-start. I assume your old card works. Try putting that one in and boot then swap it for the newer one. If you still have a problem you might be unfotunate enough to have a faulty card. Is there anyone else you could try your new card in before you send it back?
February 16, 2009 7:10:32 PM

I already restarted my CMOS.,. it works on my borther's computer, he' using asus P5PE-VM with AGP 8x, I have AGI 8x)half AGP, half PCIe), which is not compatible with all cards ^_^

thanks a lot!! but I found my problem already ^_^ hehehe, I need a new board ... ~_~