viper200

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
Hi guys
im soon going to bye a good cpu cooler+good thermal paste so i can over clock my cpu below is a pic of my bios from my mobo manual

im currently running on
3.0 gig cpu frequency =200mhz multiply was on 15x and voltage is at 1.25v
it seems stable

now i want to try to oc it to around 3.5gig to that i need to hit the multiply to 17.5 what voltage would i need and would i need to adjust anything else
my ram will be 4 gig of ddr-1066 (this is once i get the cooler i might go higher yet )

any info would be welcome

thank for Info

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
It's the whole point. You try different things to see what it takes to achieve a particular level of performance. There is no rock hard manual as to what you can do to get what you want. That's why people will say something like, I can get 3.9 but am running 3.7 stable. That person can get the system to boot @ 3.9 but if he tries to open notepad he gets a BSOD and if he tries to go to 4.0 the system won't boot at all. So he throttles back to 3.7 and can pass all the stress tests he cares to run. I fact, those are my numbers with 3 cores. I run 3.33 stable with 4 cores.

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
All clocks except the RTC are based on the FSB so if you change the FSB you are changing the NB clock. Usually by the time you need to worry about he NB, changing the HT multiplier, you are in the final push to squeeze that last MHz out of your overclock.

You are better off downclocking the HT & IMC/NB multipliers and RAMs ratio to determine the highest obtainable CPU clock speed.

Once you determine the highest CPU clock you can adjust, adjust, adjust, adjust .... (including lowering the highest CPU speed and bumping the IMC/NB)

With the K10 arch for each 10% increase in the IMC/NB your memory bandwidth/latency will increase 3-4% (if that is a performance gain from which you may benefit in your apps)