Lian Li

G

Morning Everyone!

Im building a new PC and I have chosen to use a Lian Li chassis.

I have been looking at Lian Li P-60 and Lian Li P-80. Both chassis can be found in a "B" variant. Then its named something like Lian Li P-80B.
What is the differences between 60-80 and the "B-variant", that can be found on some of the chassis?

My PC speccs are:

i7 920 - Thermalright Cooler
HX 1000 watt Corsair
2x HDD Samsung
HD 4870x2 maybe I will get another one later. (If i need)
Gigabyte UD5 X58.

Now you know the Size of my hardware, then what chassis should I buy?
And please explain the difference between the "B" variant and the none "B" variant. Also an explanation of 60-80 will be preciated.

Is this chassis something to go for, or is there something better out there?
I want style and performance :)

Have a nice day !!

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
the 60 has 7 pci slots and the 80 10 pci slots making it a larger case. the B is for the colour Black but this model is only made in black and thuse some just leave the B away.

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
another chassis you might want to look into is Antec 900 and 1200. Very simlar look and feel. One of the forum favorites for gaming pc's. The perk is that they are a lot cheaper but your not scarficing cooling preformance.

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
If you need space I suggest looking at the Cooler Master HAF 932. This beast is cavernous to say the least and cable management is a charm. It might not be on part with Lian Li as far as quality built but it's very good nevertheless.

G

First of all, thanks alot for your chassis u have suggested.

Ive found a Lian Li X500, which i think look fantastic and the design is totally cool.

Is this something you can say "ok" for ? Anyone got experience with X500 ??

In reviews, they say that the cabinet dont really support large PSU. Even tho a BFG 800 watt fits ok.

Will my HX1000 Corsair fit into this chassis ?? ..

:)) Have a niice day.

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008

The model is not only made in black it's also avalible in red. Don't see any listing for a PC-P80B on the company web site. Only the PC-P80 and the PC-P80R with the R model the red unit.

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
well yes there is also a red case but it is the ATI corssfire version and is alot more expensive.

the be is for black some retailers will list it with the be and others not. as for most of the lian li cases the b and a stands for black and silver those are the only colours they offer except the red ati crossfire case and the new blue crappy looking case (what where they thinking)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112174

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I have the P80, extremely nice case although still getting used to having to open the door when I eject a CD, klunk, oops!

If you have a new X58 Mobo with the 3 way SLI and the last slot forces you to "hang" one card beyond the edge of the motherboard, this case gives you plenty of room below the edge of the mobo to do just that.

Great built in cooling but I went ahead and modded a side fan hole on the side door over my 280's. I used one of the three fans off of the door since the top one was just blowing into my DVD drive, Xfi breakout box and Fan bus anyways I took it out and repurposed for the side door.

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008

Here is the link to Lian LI, now show me the B version of any one of their cases. Yes the Red one was designed for the ATi Crossfire setups and does cost more but you get more as well, things like side window and the case is anodized red inside as well as outside. But I see no B version.

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/contact_us/index1.php

GinoS

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I just picked up a Lian-Li A70B full tower. It's the first time I've moved into a full-tower chassis. This thing is huge, more than enough room for my future build.

In my opinion the best thing about Lian-li is the removable mother board tray. If you swap out hardware a lot or tinker inside your case, a removable mother board tray makes life easier.

If you go Lian-li you pay a premium price but it's well worth it.