Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I set up RAID 0 and it turned into RAID 1

Last response: in Storage
July 13, 2010 8:19:45 PM

I set up "raid 0 stripe" in my raid bios and installed windows 7 32bit and haven't had any problems or anything like that but when I boot up the RAID Bios says RAID 1 :o  . I checked my windows experience index and it shows a lowly 5.9 :pfff:  for my disk data transfer which is bullshit if its RAID0, that array is faster then a Raptor HDD :kaola:  , then when I double checked in the Gigabyte RAID controller it showed a RAID 1 array. This is very confusing to me because I have two 640GB HDD's and if it were RAID1 then wouldn't it only show 640GB? Its showing that I have 1.2 TB of space in My Computer. Whats up with this and how would I fix it? I want SPEED :fou:  and i didn't pay for another hdd to have a back up. All my important data goes onto a 500GB external HDD

More about : set raid turned raid

Best solution

July 13, 2010 11:42:04 PM

Lol.. I have never used Gigabyte's RAID controller but it looks like "GRAID1" is the name of the RAID set you created. Perhaps it's the default name the controller choose when you created the RAID set. You will need to look at the detail of the RAID set to see which RAID level it's using. Perhaps if you click on "GRAID1", additional information will be displayed under "Raid Information" section?

Based on the volume size reported in Windows, I'm pretty certain "GRAID1" is a RAID-0 set. You can also try re-name the RAID set so you don't confuse yourself in the future.
July 15, 2010 4:38:08 AM

saiyan said:
Lol.. I have never used Gigabyte's RAID controller but it looks like "GRAID1" is the name of the RAID set you created. Perhaps it's the default name the controller choose when you created the RAID set. You will need to look at the detail of the RAID set to see which RAID level it's using. Perhaps if you click on "GRAID1", additional information will be displayed under "Raid Information" section?

Based on the volume size reported in Windows, I'm pretty certain "GRAID1" is a RAID-0 set. You can also try re-name the RAID set so you don't confuse yourself in the future.

You are right about the Name, it is in a Raid-0 as-well.

But, i think he is talking about not getting the write performance.

Try running http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-...

Tell us the the speeds and we'll see what we can do...
m
l
Related resources
July 22, 2010 5:31:23 PM

DustinM said:
You are right about the Name, it is in a Raid-0 as-well.

But, i think he is talking about not getting the write performance.

Try running http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-...

Tell us the the speeds and we'll see what we can do...

Is what you see in crystal mark a good score for raid 0?
how do i make it faster! :bounce: 

m
l
July 22, 2010 6:04:53 PM

Well, it looks pretty good.
But, if you wanna make it go faster.

You can do 1 of 2 things, replace the drives with drives that have higher RPMs.
Or, you can Run defrag and see if that helps.

That windows score, is very superficial, don't worry about having a low score on one of the tests. It doesn't really mean much.
m
l
August 2, 2010 5:14:46 AM

Best answer selected by GoodDay2USir.
m
l
!