ST2 Trailer Trash. Curious.

Last response: in Video Games
February 13, 2005 7:05:13 PM

I am puzzled. After my last reinstall I got that strange neighbourhood back
again and I have just spent the last couple of hours razing the Curious
Brother's house to the ground and building them a 'nice' new bungalow filled
with sensible furniture and forcing the poor things to treat their new home
with a bit of respect. In other words, tidy up as you go, you lazy bums!

Which made me think. I read a few posts here where players have been
whooping with glee over new trailer trash furniture, and I dread to think
what their Sims must be like. I mean, none of my Sims go off to bed leaving
a plate behind, never mind something that has turned green and fuzzy.

Will somebody please tell me what their trashy homes are like, and what do
the Sims do, and no, I have never let a toilet overflow to 'see what
happens' - yet.
If there are a few web pictures anywhere I would love to see them.

Just in case you think I must be an obsessive kind of bird, you should see
this room... 8(
I am often too lazy, but I make damn sure my Sims toe the line. After all,
who really has to clean up the mess? I do!

Granny - a bit worried.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 7:05:14 PM

Maxon wrote:

> Smile - I know the house is a little strange but it kind of suits
them. I
> think there are some pics over at mod the sims:
>
> http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38304&hi...

This looks like someone's port of the old third-person shooter "Redneck
Rampage" to the sims.

I'll be expexting pigs & chickens presently.

--
C.
Anonymous

On 13 Feb 2005 chaos_israel@antisocial.com wrote:
> > http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38304&hi...
> >

> This looks like someone's port of the old third-person shooter "Redneck
> Rampage" to the sims.
>
> I'll be expexting pigs & chickens presently.

Mmmmm... Redneck Rampage... *drool* I really have to install that again
one of these days and pinch the textures. :p

February 13, 2005 8:46:47 PM

Ah poor Lazlo and his brothers - who wants to live in a nice bungalow!!

Smile - I know the house is a little strange but it kind of suits them. I
think there are some pics over at mod the sims:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38304&hi...

Best wishes
Maxon

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am puzzled. After my last reinstall I got that strange neighbourhood
back
> again and I have just spent the last couple of hours razing the Curious
> Brother's house to the ground and building them a 'nice' new bungalow
filled
> with sensible furniture and forcing the poor things to treat their new
home
> with a bit of respect. In other words, tidy up as you go, you lazy bums!
>
> Which made me think. I read a few posts here where players have been
> whooping with glee over new trailer trash furniture, and I dread to think
> what their Sims must be like. I mean, none of my Sims go off to bed
leaving
> a plate behind, never mind something that has turned green and fuzzy.
>
> Will somebody please tell me what their trashy homes are like, and what do
> the Sims do, and no, I have never let a toilet overflow to 'see what
> happens' - yet.
> If there are a few web pictures anywhere I would love to see them.
>
> Just in case you think I must be an obsessive kind of bird, you should see
> this room... 8(
> I am often too lazy, but I make damn sure my Sims toe the line. After all,
> who really has to clean up the mess? I do!
>
> Granny - a bit worried.

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 10:10:30 PM

"Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Ah poor Lazlo and his brothers - who wants to live in a nice bungalow!!
>
> Smile - I know the house is a little strange but it kind of suits them.

Oh, I agree. It was a nightmare. I should add I have also given them
lobotomies.

> think there are some pics over at mod the sims:

I was rather hoping for game shots, or rather an explaination 'why?'

GCA.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 10:27:35 PM

<chaos_israel@antisocial.com> wrote in message

> Maxon wrote:
>
>> Smile - I know the house is a little strange but it kind of suits
> them. I
>> think there are some pics over at mod the sims:
>>
>> http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38304&hi...
>>

> This looks like someone's port of the old third-person shooter "Redneck
> Rampage" to the sims.
>
> I'll be expexting pigs & chickens presently.
>
> --
Oh my life, I didn;t see the pictures lower down the first time.
That is dis-GUSTING! Arghh!

GCA - off to create some pure white sparkling counter tops.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 10:42:09 PM

Now Granny,

> "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Ah poor Lazlo and his brothers - who wants to live in a nice bungalow!!
> >
> > Smile - I know the house is a little strange but it kind of suits them.
>
> Oh, I agree. It was a nightmare. I should add I have also given them
> lobotomies.

> > think there are some pics over at mod the sims:
> >
> I was rather hoping for game shots, or rather an explaination 'why?'
>
> GCA.

Why? Why not? I suppose people like to explore lifestyles other than their
own (or perhaps not, maybe they're all pigs - I like having a trashy family
or two though). There are so many lifestyles people like to live - or at
least pretend they do (S&M, vampirism, nice housewife - all sorts of
perversions (that was another joke, honest ... honest!!)). Personally, I
cannot resist watching other people and trying to work out what on earth is
going on in their heads. I live in a city and walk around it peering into
people's front rooms and trying to work out what the people who live there
are like and what drove them to choose that particular decor. One of the
things about the Sims that fascinates me is all the sets object makers
produce where everything in a room - or even a whole house - matches. I
mean why? WHY? Do you have furniture like that in your own house? Could
you possibly live with it if you did? It'd drive me up the wall but other
players obviously like it. So what the hell do I know?

Not a lot, obviously
Best wishes
Maxon
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:08:08 AM

Granny Crabapple wrote:
> I am puzzled. After my last reinstall I got that strange
> neighbourhood back again and I have just spent the last couple of
> hours razing the Curious Brother's house to the ground and building
> them a 'nice' new bungalow filled with sensible furniture and forcing
> the poor things to treat their new home with a bit of respect. In
> other words, tidy up as you go, you lazy bums!
>
> Which made me think. I read a few posts here where players have been
> whooping with glee over new trailer trash furniture, and I dread to
> think what their Sims must be like. I mean, none of my Sims go off to
> bed leaving a plate behind, never mind something that has turned
> green and fuzzy.
>
> Will somebody please tell me what their trashy homes are like, and
> what do the Sims do, and no, I have never let a toilet overflow to
> 'see what happens' - yet.
> If there are a few web pictures anywhere I would love to see them.
>
> Just in case you think I must be an obsessive kind of bird, you
> should see this room... 8(
> I am often too lazy, but I make damn sure my Sims toe the line. After
> all, who really has to clean up the mess? I do!
>
> Granny - a bit worried.

Well, the trashy objects at MTS2 only look dirty, they aren't really and
they don't lower the environment score. The downside to that is that you
have to occasionally click on the countertops, toilet, tub, etc., just to
see if you get the option to "Clean" because you will never be able to tell
by looking at it that it's dirty. If you look all the way through that
thread, you'll find carpets with cigarette butts and pizza slices all over
them, too. <g>

Building a trashy neighborhood is kind of fun, lots of trailers (I built one
on the side of a hill and put it on stilts -- looks like one I saw in West
Virginia once) rusty tin roofs (yes, there are some new roofs at MTS2,
also), and shantys. I've got quite a few houses in my trashy neighborhood,
but I must admit I don't really play them. It's just fun to build them and
create trashy people to go in them. I even recreated Mama and Eldon Hick
and stuck them smack in the middle of town.

I'm thinking it would be fun to have the headmaster out to the trash dump
and serve him sumptuous salmon or lobster on the stained card table and
watch him have to wade over the carpet with the dirty underwear on it in
order to take his house tour.....

Jeanie
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:36:32 AM

The answer to that one is easy - the people who are making these things have
to put in a clean and dirty state picture when they do them. What they
should do is put in a clean state picture as the dirty state picture - then
when the kitchen starts to look tidy you know that it is dirty.

;')

MM

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
> > I am puzzled. After my last reinstall I got that strange
> > neighbourhood back again and I have just spent the last couple of
> > hours razing the Curious Brother's house to the ground and building
> > them a 'nice' new bungalow filled with sensible furniture and forcing
> > the poor things to treat their new home with a bit of respect. In
> > other words, tidy up as you go, you lazy bums!
> >
> > Which made me think. I read a few posts here where players have been
> > whooping with glee over new trailer trash furniture, and I dread to
> > think what their Sims must be like. I mean, none of my Sims go off to
> > bed leaving a plate behind, never mind something that has turned
> > green and fuzzy.
> >
> > Will somebody please tell me what their trashy homes are like, and
> > what do the Sims do, and no, I have never let a toilet overflow to
> > 'see what happens' - yet.
> > If there are a few web pictures anywhere I would love to see them.
> >
> > Just in case you think I must be an obsessive kind of bird, you
> > should see this room... 8(
> > I am often too lazy, but I make damn sure my Sims toe the line. After
> > all, who really has to clean up the mess? I do!
> >
> > Granny - a bit worried.
>
> Well, the trashy objects at MTS2 only look dirty, they aren't really and
> they don't lower the environment score. The downside to that is that you
> have to occasionally click on the countertops, toilet, tub, etc., just to
> see if you get the option to "Clean" because you will never be able to
tell
> by looking at it that it's dirty. If you look all the way through that
> thread, you'll find carpets with cigarette butts and pizza slices all over
> them, too. <g>
>
> Building a trashy neighborhood is kind of fun, lots of trailers (I built
one
> on the side of a hill and put it on stilts -- looks like one I saw in West
> Virginia once) rusty tin roofs (yes, there are some new roofs at MTS2,
> also), and shantys. I've got quite a few houses in my trashy
neighborhood,
> but I must admit I don't really play them. It's just fun to build them
and
> create trashy people to go in them. I even recreated Mama and Eldon Hick
> and stuck them smack in the middle of town.
>
> I'm thinking it would be fun to have the headmaster out to the trash dump
> and serve him sumptuous salmon or lobster on the stained card table and
> watch him have to wade over the carpet with the dirty underwear on it in
> order to take his house tour.....
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 11:53:48 AM

> The answer to that one is easy - the people who are making these things
> have
> to put in a clean and dirty state picture when they do them. What they
> should do is put in a clean state picture as the dirty state picture -
> then
> when the kitchen starts to look tidy you know that it is dirty.
>
> ;')

That's what I was thinking!!!! Honestly. 8)))
I thought 'Hmmm. These people would have a fit if someone broke into their
trailer and cleaned up' Then 'Oh, I say, what if...' and so the dirty to
clean idea arrived.

Granny.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 11:53:49 AM

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>>
>> Will somebody please tell me what their trashy homes are like, and
>> what do the Sims do, and no, I have never let a toilet overflow to
>> 'see what happens' - yet.
>> If there are a few web pictures anywhere I would love to see them.

>> Granny - a bit worried.
>
> Well, the trashy objects at MTS2 only look dirty, they aren't really and
> they don't lower the environment score.

Well that is just what I mean. Looking trashy.. or let's say 'grubby' for
the argument, is not the same as acting grubby.
Are the Sims in these environments slobs? or do they get run as normal Sims,
some cleaning up, some not?

Can a family (I hate that word because I can never remember if it has one L
or two. I must put it on the wall) Can a family be played if they are all
prime slobs, like my Homer? I just can't bring myself to do it. I let them
get so far, then I crack.

If you look all the way through that
> thread, you'll find carpets with cigarette butts and pizza slices all over
> them, too. <g>

Gawd...

> Building a trashy neighborhood is kind of fun, lots of trailers (I built
> one
> on the side of a hill and put it on stilts -- looks like one I saw in West
> Virginia once)

I can see the lure of that. Yes, indeedy! Fun to build.

rusty tin roofs (yes, there are some new roofs at MTS2,
> also), and shantys. I've got quite a few houses in my trashy
> neighborhood,
> but I must admit I don't really play them. It's just fun to build them
> and
> create trashy people to go in them. I even recreated Mama and Eldon Hick
> and stuck them smack in the middle of town.

Mama Hick... Sounds good. Is it a 'known' character from say a cartoon or TV
show of just a generic 'hick' name, like, well, sort of, Bubba, which seems
to pop up on TV shows to identify a certain outlook on life rather than
appearance - though they all seem to be on the fat side.

> I'm thinking it would be fun to have the headmaster out to the trash dump
> and serve him sumptuous salmon or lobster on the stained card table and
> watch him have to wade over the carpet with the dirty underwear on it in
> order to take his house tour.....

Sigh.. I agree, it would be fun to watch, but really the headmaster wouldn;t
care, would he? Pity that. But if the house was dirty, with horrid toilets
and real green fuzzy plates.

I know. I will just have to grit my teeth and try it. But I think I would be
happier making clean turn dirty rather than downloading dirty looking items
to look worse!

Ages ago, I read a Sim review that was set out in story format with pictures
and this included a toilet that seemed to be spawning something from Alien.
The whole thing was a hoot. Incuded a Sim drinking Olympics, or something
like that. If anyone knows the site can they let me know, pleeeeze? I lost
the bookmark during a panic attack.

Granny - going off to look for it right now.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 12:05:44 PM

> Now Granny,
>

>> I was rather hoping for game shots, or rather an explaination 'why?'
>>
>> GCA.
>>
> Why? Why not? I suppose people like to explore lifestyles other than
> their
> own

But-but-but these are SIM lifestyles! You can tweak the Sim personality,
but when you get down to it a Sim is a Sim.

Personally, I
> cannot resist watching other people and trying to work out what on earth
> is
> going on in their heads. I live in a city and walk around it peering into
> people's front rooms and trying to work out what the people who live there
> are like and what drove them to choose that particular decor.

Ah, now that is different, and yes. Riding on buses in the UK... Looking
through lit windows and wondering was a pastime of mine. Little snapshots of
a life. Click, A very bright room and a elderly man standing staring at a
wall... ??? Click! Cheerful looking room with a fire and TV going- nobody
there. Ahhh, shame... Click! Blimey! Lime green walpaper and red chairs!...
etc.... I can remember doing this as a child, almost.
Way back in school, just before final exams, CGE.. would have been 16, I
guess, we had to write an essay on 'my neighbours.' I did mine from point of
view of a total newcomer who could only guess by looking through the windows
and musing.
In class the teacher told me off a little Please re-do it. In private he
told me to keep on writing.
For the re-write I was a bed-bound elderly woman who who could only
listen... and muse. 8))

Oh yes, I love the Sims...

One of the
> things about the Sims that fascinates me is all the sets object makers
> produce where everything in a room - or even a whole house - matches. I
> mean why? WHY?

Hmmm. I take it you do not read 'Home beautiful' or anything like that? :) )
Nor me!!!

Do you have furniture like that in your own house?

Only in the bathroom am I colour-coordinated and even there the effect is
spoiled by not having deep claret soap. I am kidding.

Could
> you possibly live with it if you did? It'd drive me up the wall but other
> players obviously like it. So what the hell do I know?

I do like the look of 'minimalist' rooms where evrything is a sort of creamy
white and not a thing out of place. You know. A huge coffee table with a
stone in the middle of it.
As for living in such a place.. Glory! By myself, perhaps I could just about
manage. Though I doubt if I would feel cosy.

I have a little book somewhere called 'bluff your way in the USA, or
something like. One chapter deals with decor, and it says in the UK all
sitting rooms, lounges are decorated in variations of brown and beige. Mine
was, and is. And nearly everyone round here 'plays safe' and goes for rather
neutral colours. I do this in the Sims. 8( Someone posted a very nice
creamy-brown and sage green room in the binary group and I related to it at
once. Very me.

A thought... a man over the road has his living room in black, grey, white
and a lot of chrome and glass. In a 1970s small semi-detached this looks
ridiculous... but they like it. reminds me of a waiting area in an airport.

I read once that a person's furnishing preferences are set by the very first
place they could 'call their own' and furnish according to what thay liked
at the time.
This might explain why so many of my peers seem to favour a scruffy beatnick
look still.
My father was stuck in the late 1950s and reamined buying this sort of thing
the whole of his life. My mother was more upmarket. Buy one good antique,
rather than a roomfull of cheap modern. Poor thing, she hadn;t got a chance.
My husband? Oh, he left home and moved into this house with me so he likes
what i tell him he likes and eats what i tell him to eat but he is allowed
to chose his own clothes.

Which is more than the Sims ever get.

Granny.

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 2:23:31 PM

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> That's what I was thinking!!!! Honestly. 8)))
> I thought 'Hmmm. These people would have a fit if someone broke into their
> trailer and cleaned up' Then 'Oh, I say, what if...' and so the dirty to
> clean idea arrived.
>
> Granny.

My husband when I was dating him DID break into my apartment and cleaned
my place. I still have the sign he put on the front door "Please don't
faint, but that large area of open space is a FLOOR."

Well of course I kept him. He cleans. I don't.

-georg
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 2:44:58 PM

> >> I was rather hoping for game shots, or rather an explaination 'why?'
> >>
> >> GCA.
> >>
> > Why? Why not? I suppose people like to explore lifestyles other than
> > their
> > own
>
> But-but-but these are SIM lifestyles! You can tweak the Sim personality,
> but when you get down to it a Sim is a Sim.

Yes, but people use the game to project their desires (oh, yes they do) and
so I suppose they like acting out, through their sims, what it is like to be
filthy, stinking slobs. The game is not what the sims are but what the
people who play it are. Sorry - I seem to be having flashbacks of my other
life - as a grad student (damn, does that mean I have to go and do some
work?). Anyway, Granny, ask youself this (and I'm pretty sure you already
have, but anyway), what does your obsessive tidyness and despotic
controlling of your sims lives say about the way you are playing the game
and about you? huh?

(sorry, sorry, really I am)

> Personally, I
> > cannot resist watching other people and trying to work out what on earth
> > is
> > going on in their heads. I live in a city and walk around it peering
into
> > people's front rooms and trying to work out what the people who live
there
> > are like and what drove them to choose that particular decor.
>
> Ah, now that is different, and yes. Riding on buses in the UK... Looking
> through lit windows and wondering was a pastime of mine. Little snapshots
of
> a life. Click, A very bright room and a elderly man standing staring at a
> wall... ??? Click! Cheerful looking room with a fire and TV going- nobody
> there. Ahhh, shame... Click! Blimey! Lime green walpaper and red
chairs!...

Oh yes, been there! My favourite was lime green wallpaper (must have been a
job lot), red carpet and an orange tartan-patterned sofa! I had to wipe my
eyes.

> etc.... I can remember doing this as a child, almost.
> Way back in school, just before final exams, CGE.. would have been 16,

GCE - do you mean O-Levels or are you really younger than I am?

> guess, we had to write an essay on 'my neighbours.' I did mine from point
of
> view of a total newcomer who could only guess by looking through the
windows
> and musing.

I think that's really imaginative, exploring the nature of first impressions
and the signals you get from people's appearance - god know why the teacher
told you off, silly sod.

> In class the teacher told me off a little Please re-do it. In private he
> told me to keep on writing.
> For the re-write I was a bed-bound elderly woman who who could only
> listen... and muse. 8))
>
> Oh yes, I love the Sims...
>

> One of the
> > things about the Sims that fascinates me is all the sets object makers
> > produce where everything in a room - or even a whole house - matches. I
> > mean why? WHY?
>

> Hmmm. I take it you do not read 'Home beautiful' or anything like that?
:) )
> Nor me!!!
>
> Do you have furniture like that in your own house?
>
> Only in the bathroom am I colour-coordinated and even there the effect is
> spoiled by not having deep claret soap. I am kidding.
>
> Could
> > you possibly live with it if you did? It'd drive me up the wall but
other
> > players obviously like it. So what the hell do I know?
>
> I do like the look of 'minimalist' rooms where evrything is a sort of
creamy
> white and not a thing out of place. You know. A huge coffee table with a
> stone in the middle of it.
> As for living in such a place.. Glory! By myself, perhaps I could just
about
> manage. Though I doubt if I would feel cosy.
>
> I have a little book somewhere called 'bluff your way in the USA, or
> something like. One chapter deals with decor, and it says in the UK all
> sitting rooms, lounges are decorated in variations of brown and beige.
Mine
> was, and is. And nearly everyone round here 'plays safe' and goes for
rather
> neutral colours. I do this in the Sims. 8( Someone posted a very nice
> creamy-brown and sage green room in the binary group and I related to it
at
> once. Very me.

Hmm - yes you're right there is a lot of beige and brown. I hate beige -
horrid muddy grey colour. I'm warming up to brown as I get older but it
used to be the colour of my school uniform. Need I say more?

> A thought... a man over the road has his living room in black, grey, white
> and a lot of chrome and glass. In a 1970s small semi-detached this looks
> ridiculous... but they like it. reminds me of a waiting area in an
airport.

> I read once that a person's furnishing preferences are set by the very
first
> place they could 'call their own' and furnish according to what thay liked
> at the time.
> This might explain why so many of my peers seem to favour a scruffy
beatnick
> look still.
> My father was stuck in the late 1950s and reamined buying this sort of
thing
> the whole of his life. My mother was more upmarket. Buy one good antique,
> rather than a roomfull of cheap modern. Poor thing, she hadn;t got a
chance.
> My husband? Oh, he left home and moved into this house with me so he likes
> what i tell him he likes and eats what i tell him to eat but he is allowed
> to chose his own clothes.

Well, husbands are different and it doesn't do to let them be in charge.
Mine seems to be turning into Shed Man though. What is it with men and
sheds?

Best
Maxon
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 2:56:36 PM

Sounds like a GOD! I'd've kept him too.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>

> > That's what I was thinking!!!! Honestly. 8)))
> > I thought 'Hmmm. These people would have a fit if someone broke into
their
> > trailer and cleaned up' Then 'Oh, I say, what if...' and so the dirty
> > clean idea arrived.
> >
> > Granny.
> >

> My husband when I was dating him DID break into my apartment and cleaned
> my place. I still have the sign he put on the front door "Please don't
> faint, but that large area of open space is a FLOOR."
>
> Well of course I kept him. He cleans. I don't.
>
> -georg
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 4:34:06 PM

Yes, if you find any more promise you'll share them?

;')

MM

> Sounds like a GOD! I'd've kept him too.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Granny Crabapple wrote:
> >

> > > That's what I was thinking!!!! Honestly. 8)))
> > > I thought 'Hmmm. These people would have a fit if someone broke into
> their
> > > trailer and cleaned up' Then 'Oh, I say, what if...' and so the dirty
> > > clean idea arrived.
> > >
> > > Granny.
> > >

> > My husband when I was dating him DID break into my apartment and cleaned
> > my place. I still have the sign he put on the front door "Please don't
> > faint, but that large area of open space is a FLOOR."
> >
> > Well of course I kept him. He cleans. I don't.
> >
> > -georg

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 4:37:29 PM

Only if I don't need a newer model. :)
-georg

Madame Mim wrote:

> Yes, if you find any more promise you'll share them?
>
> ;')
>
> MM
>

> "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
>>Sounds like a GOD! I'd've kept him too.
>>
>>Best wishes
>>Maxon
>>
>>"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

>>their

>>>My husband when I was dating him DID break into my apartment and cleaned
>>>my place. I still have the sign he put on the front door "Please don't
>>>faint, but that large area of open space is a FLOOR."
>>>
>>>Well of course I kept him. He cleans. I don't.
>>>
>>>-georg

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 4:41:50 PM

I'd tell you that is just greedy - but then you'll tell the others about
them before me

:'(

;')

--
MM
This has been an useless statement bought to you by the woman who once

> Only if I don't need a newer model. :)
> -georg
>
> Madame Mim wrote:
>
> > Yes, if you find any more promise you'll share them?
> >
> > ;')
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Sounds like a GOD! I'd've kept him too.
> >>
> >>Best wishes
> >>Maxon
> >>
> >>"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> >>their

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 5:37:30 PM

>> But-but-but these are SIM lifestyles! You can tweak the Sim personality,
>> but when you get down to it a Sim is a Sim.
>
> Yes, but people use the game to project their desires (oh, yes they do)

Yes they do. 8)

and
> so I suppose they like acting out, through their sims, what it is like to
> be
> filthy, stinking slobs. The game is not what the sims are but what the
> people who play it are.

But we are still, to some extent controlled by the programing. Little
things. Look how many times people have shrieked at their Sims for halting a
task, getting confused, and say, putting the plates on the floor, or
forgetting to go upstairs. .. Hold on, that's a different aspect. I am
losing control.
Okay, I agree about the role playing and projecting, but.. Yes. Okay. It's a
safe way to explore options. I get that. I have boxes filled with crime
books. Real crime, mostly. Past trials and all that. A lot of this came,
perhaps, from my father, an adict, but part of my makeup also. I explore by
proxy what I am afraid to face. Soothes my fears and feeds my curiosity. I
would if I could, but... Or rather, I know I might be capable of this, given
the right stimulus, but....

But I wouldn;t be a pig? Interesting, because I mostly am. 8))))

Sorry - I seem to be having flashbacks of my other
> life - as a grad student (damn, does that mean I have to go and do some
> work?).

Yeah!!!

Anyway, Granny, ask youself this (and I'm pretty sure you already
> have, but anyway), what does your obsessive tidyness and despotic
> controlling of your sims lives say about the way you are playing the game
> and about you? huh?

Oh, I have been hauled over the coals about this before. <grin> On that
occasion the person decided I was rebelling against my mother, a real tidy
nut. hmmm. A few years out of date, that idea.
I would like to live in a tidy, well-ordered world where everything has a
place and stays there once I am finished with it. In practice, and in this
dump of a house I cannot accomplish this. But my Sims can. 8))))

What pips me off about people who will insist on giving you thimb-nail
analeses of your actions is they never allow for your personal likes and
dislikes and intellect?. No, these likes and dislikes are always the result
of the way your mother brought you up. or poppa.
Dear god...

> (sorry, sorry, really I am)

Why for? 8)

>> etc.... I can remember doing this as a child, almost.
>> Way back in school, just before final exams, CGE.. would have been 16,
>
> GCE - do you mean O-Levels or are you really younger than I am?

Oh, ay; oh ay, oh. I might be, how old are you? 8))
I will be sixty this year. Older than the average Simmer, but not the
oldest herein. Don't we have someone in their seventies? I am sure I
remember a grandpa complaining that he had to leave his computer because the
grandchildren were coming round. Like it.

I am not a real granny, BTW. Granny was a alternative to Prattchet's Nanny.
I thought crabapple sounded nice and sour and green.

god know why the teacher
> told you off, silly sod.

Not so much a telling off as a warning against trying to be too clever.
Well, you know what the average essay would be like. I found them deathly
and boring. Well written, but boring. But there again, the class was almost
all boys and Eng & Eng lit was a dull subject for them. Maths and science
was an interesting subject.
I got thrown out of the maths very early on and out of physics when I
boggled during electricity lectures. It still doesn;t make sense. Yes,
electricity works, but it still doesn;t make sense.

Someone posted a very nice
>> creamy-brown and sage green room in the binary group and I related to it
> at
>> once. Very me.
>
> Hmm - yes you're right there is a lot of beige and brown. I hate beige -
> horrid muddy grey colour.

OH! No-no-no. There are lots of beiges, all different. Like people saying
'I hate grey.' Which grey? or, 'I like red.'
I like most reds. Some reds. Some of them I hate.

I'm warming up to brown as I get older but it
> used to be the colour of my school uniform. Need I say more?

Oh lor... I had a sudden memory there of long navy blue bloomers and I hope
I haven't sent some guy into a strange endocrinal fit.
I don;t think I would fancy brown. Brown blazer? Doesn;t feel right. Navy,
bottle green... maroon at a pinch, or black. brown? Ummmm.
Striped, if you are terribly, terribly posh.
We wore maroon with a straw boater in Summer.. <heavy sigh> Who thought up
straw boaters in a mixed school? Mine used to live in the tops of trees most
of the time.

> Well, husbands are different and it doesn't do to let them be in charge.
> Mine seems to be turning into Shed Man though. What is it with men and
> sheds?

Ahhhhhhhh. Sheds. Does the phrase 'old shed arj shed' make sense to you?
Pork pies? Molishing?

My man's shed is in the back bedroom. A shed is a state of mind.

Granny.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 5:41:58 PM

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>

>> That's what I was thinking!!!! Honestly. 8)))
>> I thought 'Hmmm. These people would have a fit if someone broke into
>> their trailer and cleaned up' Then 'Oh, I say, what if...' and so the
>> dirty to clean idea arrived.
>>
>> Granny.
>
> My husband when I was dating him DID break into my apartment and cleaned
> my place. I still have the sign he put on the front door "Please don't
> faint, but that large area of open space is a FLOOR."

8)))))))

I used to have a nice sign to hand inside my hall. 'Consider the
environment. Please wipe your feet before leaving this house.'

> Well of course I kept him. He cleans. I don't.

Envy.

Granny.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 5:41:58 PM

> Yes, if you find any more promise you'll share them?
>
> ;')

Hire him out and make cash in the comfort and cleanliness of your own home.

GCA
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:01:30 PM

> Oh, ay; oh ay, oh. I might be, how old are you? 8))
> I will be sixty this year. Older than the average Simmer, but not the
> oldest herein. Don't we have someone in their seventies? I am sure I
> remember a grandpa complaining that he had to leave his computer
> because the grandchildren were coming round. Like it.
>

> Granny.

Hey, you don't have to be in your 70s to have grandkids who play the Sims.
I'm 49. I've got 8 grandchildren, the youngest almost 2 and the oldest is
14. Several of them play the sims both here and at their own homes.

Jeanie
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:17:22 PM

>> Well, the trashy objects at MTS2 only look dirty, they aren't really
>> and they don't lower the environment score.
>
> Well that is just what I mean. Looking trashy.. or let's say 'grubby'
> for the argument, is not the same as acting grubby.
> Are the Sims in these environments slobs? or do they get run as
> normal Sims, some cleaning up, some not?

I've played it both ways. I made one of the sims be the one with all the
neat points. There's something distinctly sad about watching the poor thing
going around behind all those slobs she lives with, picking up coffee cups
and dinner plates, old newspapers and whatnot, and never making any visible
headway at all. I didn't play that family very long, though, because it
reminded me of my own poor, wretched, futile existence here as mother to a
herd of teenagers. <sob!>

> Can a family (I hate that word because I can never remember if it has
> one L or two. I must put it on the wall) Can a family be played if
> they are all prime slobs, like my Homer? I just can't bring myself to
> do it. I let them get so far, then I crack.

Well, yes, you can play it that way, but you get nothing but roaches and
flies, sickness and death, same as in any other house full of debris and
dirty dishes. In one family I made, the Papa sim continually ate from
spoiled food plates and was always sick with food poisoning. Then he died.
So sad. It is entertaining, though, to have the family hire the maid and
see her in her crisp little uniform in there making up beds with tattered
sheets, scrubbing a filthy toilet and scrubbing away at a stained green
moldy countertop. Then she announces she is all done and everything is
clean, walks through the tire and debris laden yard, gets in her snazzy
little van and drives away.

> If you look all the way through that
>> thread, you'll find carpets with cigarette butts and pizza slices
>> all over them, too. <g>
>
> Gawd...
>>
>> Building a trashy neighborhood is kind of fun, lots of trailers (I
>> built one
>> on the side of a hill and put it on stilts -- looks like one I saw
>> in West Virginia once)
>
> I can see the lure of that. Yes, indeedy! Fun to build.

Oh yes. I do really like these foundations and that deck on piers in this
game. Wonderful inspiration.

> rusty tin roofs (yes, there are some new roofs at MTS2,
>> also), and shantys. I've got quite a few houses in my trashy
>> neighborhood,
>> but I must admit I don't really play them. It's just fun to build
>> them and
>> create trashy people to go in them. I even recreated Mama and Eldon
>> Hick and stuck them smack in the middle of town.
>
> Mama Hick... Sounds good. Is it a 'known' character from say a
> cartoon or TV show of just a generic 'hick' name, like, well, sort
> of, Bubba, which seems to pop up on TV shows to identify a certain
> outlook on life rather than appearance - though they all seem to be
> on the fat side.

Mama and Eldon were Maxis characters who came with Unleashed, They lived in
a seedy trailer. Their stove was in the front yard and was broken, so they
subsisted on TV dinners from the toaster oven. Someone made a hair mesh
with hair rollers under a hairnet, so at last, we can recreate Mama Hick.
In my game, they live right next door to George and Laura Bush and Eldon has
a thing going with both Jenna and Barbara Bush. Lovely look on George's
face when he comes upon his daughters making woohoo in the hot tub with a
sleazoid. <g>

>> I'm thinking it would be fun to have the headmaster out to the trash
>> dump and serve him sumptuous salmon or lobster on the stained card
>> table and watch him have to wade over the carpet with the dirty
>> underwear on it in order to take his house tour.....
>>
> Sigh.. I agree, it would be fun to watch, but really the headmaster
> wouldn;t care, would he? Pity that. But if the house was dirty, with
> horrid toilets and real green fuzzy plates.
>
> I know. I will just have to grit my teeth and try it. But I think I
> would be happier making clean turn dirty rather than downloading
> dirty looking items to look worse!

But think of the time you save! You can jump right into the middle of your
plot without wasting time getting there.

> Ages ago, I read a Sim review that was set out in story format with
> pictures and this included a toilet that seemed to be spawning
> something from Alien. The whole thing was a hoot. Incuded a Sim
> drinking Olympics, or something like that. If anyone knows the site
> can they let me know, pleeeeze? I lost the bookmark during a panic
> attack.
>
> Granny - going off to look for it right now.

I haven't seen it. If you find the bookmark, I'd like to take a gander at
it.

Jeanie
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:47:20 AM

> Anyway, Granny, ask youself this (and I'm pretty sure you already
> > have, but anyway), what does your obsessive tidyness and despotic
> > controlling of your sims lives say about the way you are playing the
game
> > and about you? huh?
>
> Oh, I have been hauled over the coals about this before. <grin> On that
> occasion the person decided I was rebelling against my mother, a real tidy
> nut. hmmm. A few years out of date, that idea.
> I would like to live in a tidy, well-ordered world where everything has a
> place and stays there once I am finished with it. In practice, and in this
> dump of a house I cannot accomplish this. But my Sims can. 8))))
>
> What pips me off about people who will insist on giving you thimb-nail
> analeses of your actions is they never allow for your personal likes and
> dislikes and intellect?. No, these likes and dislikes are always the
result
> of the way your mother brought you up. or poppa.
> Dear god...

Oh I couldn't agree more - human behaviour is so much more complex than the
commonplaces of the 'rules' people make from (so-called) social-sciences
research - most of it's cockeyed nonsense if you ask me, especially if you
apply it as some sort of universal truth.

Hmmm, I'm sure it's more to do with making the little pixellated buggers do
as they are told and not what they want. I played Sims1 with free will
permanently turned off and I can feel the temptation to turn it off again
with TS2, especially when they will insist on going off to 'hold youngster'
when I want them to do something else (Just put the bloody thing down, for
God's sake). Maybe it's to do with disturbing your carefully imagined
fantasy with their own ideas of what they want to do. No - that's not
right, we're talking about obsessive cleanliness here, aren't we, not
obsessive control? Hmm, maybe it was your mother ............ (kidding!)
Actually, you say it yourself - you want a tidy, well-ordered world because
the one you're in isn't like that. What's your house like? British housing
can leave a lot to be desired, especially in the cities.

As far as playing trashy houses is concerned, for myself, I think it's to do
with me being so overwhelmingly curious about what happens in people's heads
in different situations. I've never felt I've ever really understood people
properly (this is a very long story) and playing the sims is one way (one
way of several ways, BTW) I have of poking about and seeing how things,
situations and people might function. I have to use my imagination to
answer the question 'what if' because, as you say, we are limited in many
ways by the game mechanics. So, the sims are lab rats on one level.

>> etc.... I can remember doing this as a child, almost.
> >> Way back in school, just before final exams, CGE.. would have been 16,
> >
> > GCE - do you mean O-Levels or are you really younger than I am?
>
> Oh, ay; oh ay, oh. I might be, how old are you? 8))
> I will be sixty this year. Older than the average Simmer, but not the
> oldest herein. Don't we have someone in their seventies? I am sure I
> remember a grandpa complaining that he had to leave his computer because
the
> grandchildren were coming round. Like it.

Ah - no, I'm not quite that venerable yet. There are a lot of crumblies
play The Sims. I keep coming across pensioners and grannies and granddads
in various different newsgroups. I like the adult demographic of the game,
it feels like something I can belong to legitimately. Something I can grow
into perhaps (ha ha). However, I have noticed recently a tendancy in myself
of growing towards my mother, particularly regarding clothes. I keep
finding (sim) outfits and thinking 'that's lovely', just like my mother used
to do. The trouble is I can also remember that the things she thought were
lovely were usually utterly ghastly and the last thing I would ever wear.
'Oh, mother! I'm NOT ever, ever, ever going to wear that! Put it away!'
I'm slightly worried. The other thing is all my teenaged girls are forced
into sensible clothing - no sexy underwear or revealing clothes - midriffs
covered if you please. Boys don't have sexy clothing, of course (just like
men, why is that?). I swear we are breeding a generation of women with
kidney problems with the current fashion for cut off tops and low cut jeans.
You notice stuff like that being in a university - yards and yards of
midriff all the way to the library. Even in the middle of winter. Sigh -
now I seem to be completely off topic.

> I am not a real granny, BTW. Granny was a alternative to Prattchet's
Nanny.
> I thought crabapple sounded nice and sour and green.

Yes, good choice.

> Someone posted a very nice
> >> creamy-brown and sage green room in the binary group and I related to
it
> > at
> >> once. Very me.
> >
> > Hmm - yes you're right there is a lot of beige and brown. I hate
beige -
> > horrid muddy grey colour.
>
> OH! No-no-no. There are lots of beiges, all different. Like people saying
> 'I hate grey.' Which grey? or, 'I like red.'
> I like most reds. Some reds. Some of them I hate.
>
> I'm warming up to brown as I get older but it
> > used to be the colour of my school uniform. Need I say more?
>
> Oh lor... I had a sudden memory there of long navy blue bloomers and I
hope
> I haven't sent some guy into a strange endocrinal fit.
> I don;t think I would fancy brown. Brown blazer? Doesn;t feel right.
Navy,
> bottle green... maroon at a pinch, or black. brown? Ummmm.
> Striped, if you are terribly, terribly posh.
> We wore maroon with a straw boater in Summer.. <heavy sigh> Who thought up
> straw boaters in a mixed school? Mine used to live in the tops of trees
most
> of the time.

Well, the brown was the sixth form uniform and it was pretty awful. We had
maroon when we were savages. I've never got over that at all. Can't stand
maroon. Thank god I didn't go to a grammar school (one of the new
comprehensives) so we never had boaters. Be glad you didn't get white
cotton gloves as well in summer.

> > Well, husbands are different and it doesn't do to let them be in charge.
> > Mine seems to be turning into Shed Man though. What is it with men and
> > sheds?
> >

> Ahhhhhhhh. Sheds. Does the phrase 'old shed arj shed' make sense to you?
> Pork pies? Molishing?

No - I think you're further south than me (!).

> My man's shed is in the back bedroom. A shed is a state of mind.

Yes that's right. Mine has an indoor shed as well as the one in the garden.
Perhaps it's because I've allowed him to have two that he's drifting off
into Shed Land.

Best wishes
Maxon
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:07:18 AM

>> Oh, ay; oh ay, oh. I might be, how old are you? 8))
>> I will be sixty this year. Older than the average Simmer, but not the
>> oldest herein. Don't we have someone in their seventies? I am sure I
>> remember a grandpa complaining that he had to leave his computer
>> because the grandchildren were coming round. Like it.
>>

>> Granny.
>
> Hey, you don't have to be in your 70s to have grandkids

Tut! I never said that. I meant I think I remember an elder Simmer who once
complained about.. etc. etc. But I am probably mixing him up with a
different guy who is nattering away to me about fractals and he is in his
mid-seventies and was there at the start. Makes me feel like a gawky
youngster, he do. 8(

Anyway. A plague on both your and Maxon's houses. because of you two today i
built a typical (though rather wider than average, semi-detached Council
House, Circa about 1950. Blocked off the house next door by putting dining
tables against the inside doors, (The family who lived in that half moved up
in the world) and moved in Our Kev and Our Tracy.

Our Tracy is a lazy little madam, and Our Trev is not much better. House not
badly furnished thanks to loving parents on both sides - glad to get rid of
them, I reckon. I decided they managed to get a three bedroomed house from
the council because Out Tracy was pregnant.
Tracy has a peculiar liking for pink. Anyway. 'To bed with you,' Quoth the
Mouse God. 'Woo-hoo and multiply.'
Dry run. 8(
Visitors arrived, as per usual, and then 'off to bed! Woo-hoo and increase
the gene pool!'
Hurrah! Our Tracy is feeling sick and Our Trev has a job in catering.

And THEN I went down to watch the second installment of Dalziel and Pascoe
and I am SURE I put it on pause but when I got back Our Tracy was standing
at the end of an unmade bed with a baby in her arms.
A boy. Enter 'Our Kev.'

The pavement is knee-deep in newspapers, the bum-baliffs are threatening,
both parents smell to high heaven and Our Trev can barely crawl to work. He
is low. I mean low. 8(
Toilets, and sinks all need cleaning, but there are no fuzzy green plates...
Ah! There was when the visitors arrived and dear Mr Mephistopheles Jones and
Marge Simpson started throwing up.

I could NOT let the baby be deprived, or depraved - due to faulty
upbringing - all the mother's fault - so I fed and cuddled, and cuddled and
washed and cuddled and play and changed and now Our Tracy can barely crawl
about the house and she has blue-bottles greeting her like an old friend and
I really, really do not like running these lazy Sims you know.
Can I boolprop them to niceness? <heavy sigh> I also hired a maid.

I think, as the familly increases, Our Trev will take a sledge hammer to the
wall and spread into the house next door. That will be nice for them.
I see no part for this damn familly in my story line. I suppose their
children, if I play them a lot, would be good matches for the Simpson tribe
although I rather fancied having Lisa prefer women.

Oh, and after talking in the street, both of them managed to pick a fight
with Dr Watson. HOW? I mean that man is 'nice.' How can they fight with
Watson?
AND I want Our Tracy to lose a bit of weight. Cor.. pink walls, pink sofa,
pink table, and she has a baby boy?

Justice. Must get her pink hair to go with her pink shirt, pink lips and
pink eyeballs.

Granny.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:54:11 AM

> Hmmm, I'm sure it's more to do with making the little pixellated buggers
> do
> as they are told and not what they want.

Oooooh! And you call me a control freak!

I played Sims1 with free will
> permanently turned off and I can feel the temptation to turn it off again
> with TS2, especially when they will insist on going off to 'hold
> youngster'
> when I want them to do something else (Just put the bloody thing down, for
> God's sake).

Yars, you can see where the programing has to think round corners at some
points. The new baby was the reason I had Bart kill off Lisa Simpson in my
first run. That bloody girl (teenager) just would NOT leave the baby alone.
One evening I blew a gasket - and so did Bart.

Maybe it's to do with disturbing your carefully imagined
> fantasy with their own ideas of what they want to do. No - that's not
> right, we're talking about obsessive cleanliness here, aren't we, not
> obsessive control?

Are you looking for a smack????

Hmm, maybe it was your mother ............ (kidding!)
> Actually, you say it yourself - you want a tidy, well-ordered world
> because
> the one you're in isn't like that. What's your house like? British
> housing
> can leave a lot to be desired, especially in the cities.

The house is small but that is no obstacle to being tidy... bad grammar...
No. I blame... 'him.'
Why for? Well I left home at 17, and went to nurses home, then flats, always
on the move. You learn to keep belongings down to essentials. Hooked up with
my son's father and he used to live in a boat so he was used to being
organised as well. Left him, came home, met my guy, married...
HE... HE had had mummy looking after him all his life.

Need I say more????
Culture clash. I say 'we need more storage space.'
He says 'Just kick it in the corner.'
About twenty years ago I gave up.

Mind, I don;t mind living in a small environment. I am not bugged by lack of
space. but I do like the space to be fairly clear of obstacles. Now the guy
is on crutches and walking frame the piles of gubbins in HIS rooms are
reaching waist height. And suddenly, he looks all pathetic and says 'well i
can't tidy up any more...

ANY MORE????????

> As far as playing trashy houses is concerned, for myself, I think it's to
> do
> with me being so overwhelmingly curious about what happens in people's
> heads
> in different situations. I've never felt I've ever really understood
> people
> properly (this is a very long story) and playing the sims is one way (one
> way of several ways, BTW)

I am glad you said that because earlier you said that the Sims reflected how
'we' handled different scenarios. not other people. unless you meant
hearing... reading how other players play the game.

I have of poking about and seeing how things,
> situations and people might function. I have to use my imagination to
> answer the question 'what if' because, as you say, we are limited in many
> ways by the game mechanics. So, the sims are lab rats on one level.

People who say 'what if' usually end up writing science fiction.

>> I will be sixty this year.
>>

> Ah - no, I'm not quite that venerable yet.

Venerable!!! 8)))

There are a lot of crumblies
> play The Sims.

Crumb.... CRUMBLIES? You do like living dangerously, don;t you?

I keep coming across pensioners and grannies and granddads
> in various different newsgroups. I like the adult demographic of the
> game,
> it feels like something I can belong to legitimately. Something I can
> grow
> into perhaps (ha ha). However, I have noticed recently a tendancy in
> myself
> of growing towards my mother, particularly regarding clothes. I keep
> finding (sim) outfits and thinking 'that's lovely', just like my mother
> used
> to do. The trouble is I can also remember that the things she thought
> were
> lovely were usually utterly ghastly and the last thing I would ever wear.
> 'Oh, mother! I'm NOT ever, ever, ever going to wear that! Put it away!'
> I'm slightly worried. The other thing is all my teenaged girls are forced
> into sensible clothing - no sexy underwear or revealing clothes - midriffs
> covered if you please.

Yars. Dangerous ground here, but blame my age if i say 'modelsty' isn;t a
word you hear youngsters use very often. I am not religious but... Example.
I know a lady who had a teenage daughter. (about ten years ago, this.) This
daughter was blessed with a very impressive set of boobs. She also watched
her weight, sensibly, and was tall and slim. but.... She would go out to
the local shopping area dressed in a tight red t-shirt, black leggings and
her hair back-combed a foot above her head, and prance along in black
high-heeled shoes.
One day the mother said to me 'thap poor kid. She can't even walk down the
road without men whistling at her.'
'Er... well.. perhaps if she didn;t weat a t-shirt cut just below her bust,
and....'
'But she likes clothes like that. It's the men. They are disgusting.'

Ho-hum. the pity of it was the daughter was a nice girl. But wow, did she
like the men! Her mother never saw that. not at all.

Boys don't have sexy clothing, of course (just like
> men, why is that?).

Don;t you think so? Hmmmm. A pair of tight jeans can... yers.... Never
mind. Perhaps you have never noticed.

I swear we are breeding a generation of women with
> kidney problems with the current fashion for cut off tops and low cut
> jeans.

They used to say that in the 1920s... Flappers. They also said that in Jane
Austen's time. Did you know the flightier females used to spray their muslin
dresses with water before entering a ballroom so the dress clung to the
'limbs' and outlined the figure? tee-hee. I bet all their mothers told
them they were heading straight to the devil.

> You notice stuff like that being in a university - yards and yards of
> midriff all the way to the library. Even in the middle of winter. Sigh -
> now I seem to be completely off topic.

Shame....

> Well, the brown was the sixth form uniform and it was pretty awful. We
> had
> maroon when we were savages. I've never got over that at all. Can't
> stand
> maroon. Thank god I didn't go to a grammar school (one of the new
> comprehensives) so we never had boaters. Be glad you didn't get white
> cotton gloves as well in summer.

Cor. Posh. I was thrown out of grammar school as an expensive luxury.

>> Ahhhhhhhh. Sheds. Does the phrase 'old shed arj shed' make sense to you?
>> Pork pies? Molishing?
>
> No - I think you're further south than me (!).

No, it is a 'group' thing. A certain group. They are all mad. Funny, but
mad. I was once of them but got bored, then pissed off then I pushed off. I
am better now.

Granny
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:54:14 AM

>> Well that is just what I mean. Looking trashy.. or let's say 'grubby'
>> for the argument, is not the same as acting grubby.
>> Are the Sims in these environments slobs? or do they get run as
>> normal Sims, some cleaning up, some not?
>
> I've played it both ways. I made one of the sims be the one with all the
> neat points. There's something distinctly sad about watching the poor
> thing
> going around behind all those slobs she lives with, picking up coffee cups
> and dinner plates, old newspapers and whatnot, and never making any
> visible
> headway at all. I didn't play that family very long, though, because it
> reminded me of my own poor, wretched, futile existence here as mother to a
> herd of teenagers. <sob!>

Cor.... I know what you mean. My Simpson House was like that at the start.
Marge, helped by Lisa did the lot. Then more babies arrived (twins) and Lisa
did the lot. I hated it.

And think positive. You could have a herd of toddlers. <shudder>

Can a family be played if
>> they are all prime slobs, like my Homer? I just can't bring myself to
>> do it. I let them get so far, then I crack.
>
> Well, yes, you can play it that way, but you get nothing but roaches and
> flies, sickness and death, same as in any other house full of debris and
> dirty dishes. In one family I made, the Papa sim continually ate from
> spoiled food plates and was always sick with food poisoning. Then he
> died.
> So sad. It is entertaining, though, to have the family hire the maid and
> see her in her crisp little uniform in there making up beds with tattered
> sheets, scrubbing a filthy toilet and scrubbing away at a stained green
> moldy countertop. Then she announces she is all done and everything is
> clean, walks through the tire and debris laden yard, gets in her snazzy
> little van and drives away.

I couldn;t. I really couldn;t..... I just would not enjoy it.

> Mama and Eldon were Maxis characters who came with Unleashed, They lived
> in
> a seedy trailer. Their stove was in the front yard and was broken, so
> they
> subsisted on TV dinners from the toaster oven. Someone made a hair mesh
> with hair rollers under a hairnet, so at last, we can recreate Mama Hick.
> In my game, they live right next door to George and Laura Bush and Eldon
> has
> a thing going with both Jenna and Barbara Bush. Lovely look on George's
> face when he comes upon his daughters making woohoo in the hot tub with a
> sleazoid. <g>

You know. I just do not know what goes on in the world..... hair rollers
in Sims... But I didn;t get unleashed. I decided pets would be worse than
toddlers. I think I was all built out by then. Stopped playing.

>> Ages ago, I read a Sim review that was set out in story format with
>> pictures and this included a toilet that seemed to be spawning
>> something from Alien. The whole thing was a hoot. Incuded a Sim
>> drinking Olympics, or something like that. If anyone knows the site
>> can they let me know, pleeeeze? I lost the bookmark during a panic
>> attack.
>>
>> Granny - going off to look for it right now.
>
> I haven't seen it. If you find the bookmark, I'd like to take a gander at
> it.

I can't find it. Tried Sims2 and olympic... It started off with 'this is a
nerd,' or similar. Let's make him over and get him a woman.... They put him
in that plum coloured suit. there were drinking competitions. very good
pictures. I read it before Sims2 came out in the UK so it is going back a
bit.
It fair made me drool it did. I thought it was very funny. My son said 'oh
dear....' 8(
No, he hasn;t still got the link. Drat the boy!!!

It was a games site.. I think rather than a PC type site.. Oh, I must find
it again.

GCA
!