Sign in with
Your question

I need a Power Supply for my Geforce 8800GT video card

Last response: in Components
April 10, 2009 10:59:38 PM

does anyone know of a good PSU that will work with the 8800GT which requires minimum 400w PSU and 26A in the +12v rail.

I'm looking for a 500w or 400w Under $50.

if you know please post where i can find it or whats the Model and Brand. Thanks :) 

This is NOT for a High end computer i just want the 8800gt work well with the Power Supply.

The only one I found in my Local Store is the Antec Basiq BP500U which they have at $40. Can anyone Confirm Please if this Power Supply will work with the 8800gt??
Related resources
a c 248 ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
April 10, 2009 11:57:11 PM

The Antec Basiq 500 is not as good as the Antec Earthwatts EA500.

The Corsair VX450 is identical to the Antec Earthwatts EA500 except for one improvement. The Corsair unit has heavy duty Japanese capacitators. It has a slight advantage over the Antec and it comes with a 5 year guarantee. Even though Corsair calls it a 450 it is actually a 500 watt power supply. The source of the information are independent technical reviews like this one at jonnyguru.com:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

Unfortunately the current price at newegg.com is $74.99 but shipping is free.

Please list the rest of your pc components.
Are you are hardcore gamer?
Do you overclock?
Are you planning on upgrading to mutiple video cards operating in dual SLI or Crossfire mode?
There are a lot of factors to consider when selecting a power supply.
April 11, 2009 12:38:29 AM

JohnnyLucky said:
The Antec Basiq 500 is not as good as the Antec Earthwatts EA500.

The Corsair VX450 is identical to the Antec Earthwatts EA500 except for one improvement. The Corsair unit has heavy duty Japanese capacitators. It has a slight advantage over the Antec and it comes with a 5 year guarantee. Even though Corsair calls it a 450 it is actually a 500 watt power supply. The source of the information are independent technical reviews like this one at jonnyguru.com:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

Unfortunately the current price at newegg.com is $74.99 but shipping is free.

Please list the rest of your pc components.
Are you are hardcore gamer?
Do you overclock?
Are you planning on upgrading to mutiple video cards operating in dual SLI or Crossfire mode?
There are a lot of factors to consider when selecting a power supply.

I'm not a hardcore gamer and this is NOT for a high end PC, I just want the 8800gt to work well, i just want it for casual gaming. I don't need a hardcore PSU.

Can the Antec Basiq BP500U PSU work with the geforce 8800gt? please can anyone confirm this.
April 11, 2009 3:41:43 AM

450 would be plenty... just don't SLI.
!