How to delete a virus from a memory stick

Hello,
I have the following problem with my usb a Kingston DataTraveler: the computer sees it but when I try to open it it says "Access denied". I know the memory stick was in an infected computer, so this situation is due to a virus. How can I delete the virus and be able to use the usb?
4 answers Last reply
More about delete virus memory stick
  1. Do you have anti-virus software? Or even better, just format the memory stick if you don't have any documents on there you need.
  2. smaranda said:
    Hello,
    I have the following problem with my usb a Kingston DataTraveler: the computer sees it but when I try to open it it says "Access denied". I know the memory stick was in an infected computer, so this situation is due to a virus. How can I delete the virus and be able to use the usb?

Right click on the memory stick icon in "My Computer" and select "Format" so you can wipe it and start over. Hope it will be helpful.
  3. smaranda said:
    Hello,

Right click on the memory stick icon in "My Computer" and select "Format" so you can wipe it and start over. Hope it will be helpful.
  4. Well from the last time i ever heard of this the IT guys at my friends work had to create a virus to attack the virus on a Flash drive so good luck.lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Virus Computer Memory USB Storage