Sign in with
Your question

How to delete a virus from a memory stick

Last response: in Storage
July 14, 2010 7:54:27 AM

Hello,
I have the following problem with my usb a Kingston DataTraveler: the computer sees it but when I try to open it it says "Access denied". I know the memory stick was in an infected computer, so this situation is due to a virus. How can I delete the virus and be able to use the usb?
a b G Storage
July 14, 2010 12:05:44 PM

Do you have anti-virus software? Or even better, just format the memory stick if you don't have any documents on there you need.
m
l
September 17, 2010 8:52:33 AM

smaranda said:
Hello,
I have the following problem with my usb a Kingston DataTraveler: the computer sees it but when I try to open it it says "Access denied". I know the memory stick was in an infected computer, so this situation is due to a virus. How can I delete the virus and be able to use the usb?

Right click on the memory stick icon in "My Computer" and select "Format" so you can wipe it and start over. Hope it will be helpful.
m
l
Related resources
September 17, 2010 8:56:46 AM

smaranda said:
Hello,

Right click on the memory stick icon in "My Computer" and select "Format" so you can wipe it and start over. Hope it will be helpful.
m
l
September 17, 2010 10:48:49 AM

Well from the last time i ever heard of this the IT guys at my friends work had to create a virus to attack the virus on a Flash drive so good luck.lol
m
l
!