bruceleet

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
I just got a new motherboard yesturday and installed it and it worked fine for about 30-45min until my sound just randomly went out, so I re plugged in my usb headset and it started to work again for about 30 sec then it started cutting out and finally completely stopped again. When I open itunes it will sometimes give me a message about my audio conifguration not being correct or something. Usually when the sound stops I can replug in my headset and it will work again for about 10 sec then it just stops. I deleted my realtek audio drivers and tried to reinstall them and I noticed the realtek audio manager not showing up on the little bar in the bottom right corner anymore and the sound does the same thing. I'm not sure if this is a driver problem or something with the motherboard, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

bruceleet

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Ive tried dl'ing the drivers from both the cd that came with the mb and from the realtek website. The realtek hd audio manager stopped showing up in my system tray and the drivers arent showing in the device manager but they are showing up in add or remove programs.

bruceleet

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
I'm using the back panel, I found out how to get the realtek audio manager back I had to delete service pack 3 because everytime i tried to download a driver from the cd it said I couldn't because I had service pack 3 so i deleted it and was able to re download that driver and i got the realtek audio manager icon back. Also I tried useing my speakers which are also plugged into the back panel usb slots and I heard no skipping and the sound kept working but once i plugged in my usb headset it started to skip and eventuall stopped. These headphones worked fine with my old motherboard so im not sure if there is a driver for my headset or what.

There are no drivers for headphones. They don't need them.

SP3 is garbage, don't use it. SP2 is fine.

You can try uninstalling the usb root hubs in the device manger. They will then re-install themselves upon restart.

If that doesn't work, I'd try a different set of headphones. It could be a short in the wiring.

bruceleet

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Is service pack 2 automatically on my pc once I delete service pack 3? Or do i have to just download service pack 2?

I see USB Audio Device, 2 USB Composite Devices, and 8 USB Root Hubs in the device manager, do I only uninstall the root hubs?

The skipping stopped but now im just hearing some static when my music is on, so it might just be my headset but I guess ill try the root hub thing if that still might fix it.

You just want to uninstall the root hubs. You can uninstall all of them at once, and then restart.

The easiest way to tell what SP you have is:
start menu-->right click on my computer-->properties

bruceleet

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Alright it says i have SP2.

I'll try the USB hub thing and see if that helps if not im just going to try and find another headset to use.

Thanks for the help