Sign in with
Your question

New Mobo - Q6600 - kingston 1600mhz DDR3 - help!

Last response: in Overclocking
July 4, 2010 9:32:50 AM

Hey awesome folks!
I've been lazy, but I decided, yesterday to wash the dustfilters, clean the side panel, do some descent cable management and put the fans in the right way so that there is a good airflow, temperatures improved like hell actually...

I'm wondering what the best solution for a 3ghs or maybe 2.8ghz OC for my setup...

*NZXT Lexa Blackline case with 3x 120mm fans and 2x 50mm fans (3 intake 3 exhaust)
*ASUS P5E3 Deluxe
*Q6600 stock cooler

*RAM
4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM (Kit of 2)
Specification Standard 256M X 64 Non-ECC 1600MHz 240-pin Unbuffered DIMMDDR3, 1.7-1.9V, CL9, FBGA, Gold
Form Factor Memory Module
Pieces/Unit 2 (Two 2GB modules, totaling 4GB)

3 sata HDD's
XFX 9600 GT

I've had a stable 3ghz overclock before but It was with a bad cable management and so on.
Any suggestion or idea is highly appriciated!

Thanks.
-Afflicto
a b à CPUs
July 4, 2010 1:25:03 PM

You can easily do that with simply raising the fsb without touching the voltages. I prefer a decent aftermarket cooler. This is an inexpensive one that gets rid of that flimsy 775 socket push pin setup:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You will need to make sure you have room for this one as its a fairly tall heatsink. There are other good ones for a similar price. Get some arctic silver 5 thermal paste too...
July 9, 2010 8:25:24 AM

well if you've previously had it at 3ghz then just use those settings...You could very well push it further if your temps are good or u get a new heatsink. or if you're happy with 3ghz, just try lowering your Vcore to get it running more efficiently
Related resources
!