Sign in with
Your question

Changing hitachi hdd connector board

Last response: in Storage
July 14, 2010 3:47:37 PM

Hello,
I have 2 hitachi ide 500mg and both are same model. One of them burns the board with the conectors so I thought that changing the board first for the second I might recover the data.
The serie of the board is the same but when I conect to the computer it is detected but appears crazy characters. I have heard that you have to sincronice the firmware with the new drive. HOW can I do that?
a c 342 G Storage
July 14, 2010 7:40:09 PM

Swapping a known-good controller board from one HDD to another CAN work SOMETIMES, but only if the HDD units are identical in all respects - model, model revision number, firmware version at least. Even that may not be enough.

You said the one in question had a burned board, and that is why you wanted to swap a good board onto it. But maybe whatever catastrophe caused the board damage also wrote bad data to some of the records before the board failed. This sounds like a challenging data recovery job, and not just a hardware replacement task. Ask Hitachi Tech Support to advise you if nobody else here has good suggestions.
July 15, 2010 3:38:08 AM

I have at least 50 pcb.. and some of them works but as told and readed in the site of hd doctor you need a program to sincronice the disk.. I dont know if its a program that make the work or its a hardware kit.. lets see if anybody may help me..in this forum
!