Sign in with
Your question

Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen

Last response: in Windows XP
June 19, 2011 10:38:19 PM

Help please!

When checking bank statements, all of a sudden the internet window closed and there was a warning about Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen on my system I ran AVG and Spybot, everything seems to work fine but my XP security alert keeps asking me to update antuvirus 2012 and firewall by typing my PC Product Key # to install the update manually or buy the XP Antivirus 2012.......my AVG is istalled and says it is updated....I do not know what is going on. Could someone help please?
Thanks! :cry: 
a b 8 Security
June 19, 2011 11:05:46 PM

A quote from a 1960's TV show 'Lost in Space'... "Danger Will Robinson!"

Yup, they'd love to round-up a bunch of valid Product Keys. Don't fall for it.
Next time something like this pops up, start pressing the Alt and F4 keys together, even if it shuts off your browser or ultimately your computer. Usually the entire scene you see is a .GIF file hiding a windows permission box asking if you want the program xxxx installed. Anyplace you click gives permission, including the "X" close box, it's all a link. Pressing Alt F4 is a Windows shortcut to close whatever is on top, and this can close the new window (button) that just appeared, or the browser entirely without clicking anything.

AVG is a pacifier at best. Get a real Anti-Virus program.
I sent another person to Kaspersky, read the entire thread and then decide if you still want AVG protecting you.
Click
HERE to see another post here at Tom's Hardware concerning viruses.

m
l
December 16, 2011 1:14:08 PM

Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen is used to promote the fake anti-virus called Xp antivirus 2012, Vista Home Security 2012, Win7 security 2012. You can try some antivirus first or if tools won't help, then you can try to manually remove it like this one: http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-remove-irc-work-dos-s...
m
l
!