terminus

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I'm not looking for a giant full-tower, but looking at the dimensions of the HAF 932, it seems almost like a mid-tower (a good thing for me). Here some dimensions comparisons:

Mid-tower CM Storm Sniper: (W)254.6 x (H)551 x (D)551 mm, 24.32lbs
Full-tower CM HAF 932: (W)230 x (H)545 x (D)575 mm, 29.1 lbs.
Mid-tower NZXT Tempest: (W)211.5 X (H)521.5 X (D)562 mm, 24.7lbs

as you can see, the Storm Sniper is even taller than the HAF 932. And the HAF 932 beats the mid-towers in about ~20mm-10mm

Why didn't you compare sizes with other full towers like Thermaltake Armor or Antec 1200?

CM HAF 932: (W)230 x (H)545 x (D)575 mm
Thermaltake Armor VA8003 220 x 530 x x 560 mm
Antec 1200 582mm 213mm x 582mm x 513mm

I bought my CoolerMaster HAF 932 last August after looking at it at a Fry's Electronics store. It is huge. It is taller and wider than most pc cases. I don't know why advertising refers to it as a mid-tower case.

Part of it's height is due to the removable rubber feet. And the ability to put 3x 120 water cooling radiator inside the top of the case.

I had a chance to look over the CoolerMaster Storm Sniper at my local Fry's Electronic store. It's huge just like the CM HAF 932. If the Storm Sniper had been available last August, then I would have bought it instead of the HAF 932.

alexbruce

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
I've owned my HAF for a month or so, and it is amazingly huge... sheer brilliance

Can honestly say hand heart that in over 5 years it's the best case I've ever owned/seen/worked on etc

terminus

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I want to buy the HAF 932, I like how it looks, I like its air cooling, I like its sturdiness...but from what I've heard, it seems too big. For me I might be lugging it places. BTW, can the HAF 932 fit the CM V8 without it touching the side window?

thanks!

see, that's my dilemma, I can't choose which one to get. The CM Storm Sniper or CM HAF 932. I'm looking for (in order of importance)

#1: Cool Looking
#2: Smaller Exterior/Dimension
#3: Roomy Interior for long GPUs and tower CPU coolers
#4: Sturdiness of Build quality

additionally do you know if the NZXT Tempest has a high quality build and is sturdy?

The CM Storm Sniper has sturdy built in handles for exactly that purpose.

www.cpu3d.com review
IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

Terminus - You already know the dimensions of both cases. You included them in your original post at the start of this thread. If you already know the dimensions of both cases why are you asking which is smaller in exteriors?

You also know the weight of both cases. You included the weight of both cases in your original post at the start of this thread.

You also already know they are both much larger and much wider than standard mid-tower cases. They weren't designed to be lugged around to LAN parties or whatever.

Both cases can accomodate any cpu heatsink cooler made due to their extra width.

Both cases can accomodate any video card made due to their extra length.

The only criteria left is "cool look". That is a matter of personal preference.

terminus

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
yes, I do know their dimensions, however I'm not sure if this is including the handle bars, wheels, rubber feet, etc. Additionally I am a little confused. Why is the CM Storm Sniper is some areas large than the HAF 932 yet still called a mid-tower?

Additionally does the NZXT Tempest have the same high-quality build as these cases?

p.s. anyone use the Raidmax Monster on these forums?

terminus

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009

o, I meant those bar things on the top. So which case would you recomend? CM Storm Sniper or CM HAF 932? or any other cases not mentioned?

if you need to know my hardware they are:
Asus P6t X58
Intel Core i7 920
Cooler Master V8
GTX 295 (I will be upgrading GPUs the most)
6GB DDR3 RAM
800 Watt PSU (maybe upgrade later)
500GB 7200rpm 32mb cache (will probably add more drives soon)

quality is most important to me.

Andhrimnir

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
I bought one of the biggest cases available on newegg, and the size really surprised me. I like it, but it's HUGE. My recommendation when buying a case is to read the dimensions, cut cardboard to the sizes of the case sides, duct tape it together, and built a simple mock-up case. It'll help give you a sense of size before you buy.

TRENDING THREADS