MSI Motherboard boots, but will not run BIOS or Startup ~

sifika

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Hello everyone, I have a recently built computer that is giving me some serios issues. First off my platform is an MSI p45 Platinum mobo, Geforce 7600 ECU, OCZ PowerSupply and a Core 2 Duo processor. I was putting 2 new sticks of ram in last night, after they were both properly placed, I booted the computer and nothing started. The computer itself booted up, fans work, makes 1 beep noise (bios?), but nothing on the USB Bus ports will work, neither will keyboard/mouse/monitor. I have tried changing the RAM Combination, no luck. I thought I unplugged a wire by accident, check everything and its all going back to the power supply so its all good.

I really don't know what could be wrong anymore, my only guess would be the motherboard is fully fried, but still running off the power supply. I really don't want to buy a new motherboard because I just purchases this one, if anyone can give me any insight on my problem it would be much appreciated. Thank you! :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS. I will supply pictures of the mobo for clarification.

sifika

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Here are the pictures as promised;

Motherboard NOT ON ~
29px269.jpg

Motherboard ON but WILL NOT BOOT (ALL Fans work)
1179yrs.jpg

Someone help me!

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
You're still getting beeps from the motherboard speaker that's a good sign. Try this, unplug the PSU and remove the mem sticks and the CMOS battery. Discharge the motherboard by holding in the power button while touching the metal part of the case for approx 30 sec. Put the battery back in, one stick of ram in the B1 slot and post. Also see Tom's Motherboard FAQ:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/97744-30-motherboards

sifika

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
IT WORKED! Thank you so much. I am thinking it was the RAM that was giving the computer trouble, because I troubleshot everything and after you said to put 1 stick of ram in, it booted up nice after that. I added a 2nd stick of ram, changed some BIOS settings now everything is great.

Thanks once again! :bounce: