Sign in with
Your question

I3 benching, 5.8ghz Super pi!

Last response: in Overclocking
July 5, 2010 9:49:26 AM

So, I fixed the CB on my i5 530 and worked a little more with it today. I didn't get anything spectacular....but I feel pretty impressed that I got so far with this not so good chip.

Im going to give it a last run on Monday then sell this one and grab another 1 or 2 to play with (=. Maybe I can get a few more mhz on Monday.

A CB of -150 is very fun, although it started to have a CBB at about -110 when I raised the VTT to 1.5v.

When I started I was benching in the rain and that is no good... I had ice on the USB ports, not to mention the poor little caps behind them. :D 

I got a new thermos at the asian food market, it has like 2.5x the capacity of my current one...

My new pot is so awesome, it holds loads like a champ and is great at getting the temp down fast. Designed 100% by me, CNC work done by Piotres of XS/Benchtek UK

EDIT:
Ordered 5 more CPU's tonight, hopefully they'll be here soon. (=

For full size images, and more visit my image shack:
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/overshocked

EDIT 2:
Got the 5 cpu's and started testing.

The whole batch has no coldbug :ouch:  The first one yielded some impressive results!

Thats an 8th place frequency record. AND its stable at SP! :pt1cable: 

I hit 6ghz on it for a second, unfortunately i didn't get the cpuz dump. )=

More about : benching 8ghz super

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 5, 2010 11:42:58 AM

Haha, teach those i3s a lesson!
July 5, 2010 1:26:42 PM

haha ^+100

Hell yeah show em who's boss :p  nice work though a not-so-good-i3 on 5.5GHz O_o

LOL
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b à CPUs
a c 100 K Overclocking
July 5, 2010 3:02:23 PM

Pretty crazy! Nice stuff.

...and I'm very curious why you're buying 5 more CPUs? Is it work related, or just purely for fun?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 5, 2010 3:02:44 PM

A new commercial idea for the "Sham WOW" :lol: 

Submit some pictures they may use them :D 

July 5, 2010 4:50:43 PM

Haha thanks guys.

@Wolfram
Just for fun, I want one that does at least 6.0

@RJR
Unfortunately it was a shamwow imitator from dollar tree :D . Works really well though :lol: 
July 21, 2010 2:55:44 AM

Got the 5 cpu's and started testing.

The whole batch has no coldbug :ouch:  The first one yielded some impressive results!

Thats an 8th place frequency record. AND its stable at SP! :pt1cable: 

I hit 6ghz on it for a second, unfortunately i didn't get the cpuz dump. )=
a b à CPUs
a c 100 K Overclocking
July 21, 2010 3:53:00 AM

Holy crap 5.5ghz. Very, very impressive. What temp is it at?
July 21, 2010 6:13:52 AM

5.8ghz actually ;) 

it was sitting at about -180 to -185c. I wanna get that 6.0 validation so bad :D 
July 21, 2010 7:56:05 AM

Ye flipping hairy gods, that is impressively fast!

It would be so awesome if those chips could hold that kind of speed stably without the LN2, but that is probably wishful thinking...

Nice one!
July 21, 2010 8:05:26 AM

Thanks mugz!

Seeing 6ghz validated will make me so happy. I ran out of ln2 though, so...Ill be getting more in the morning.

I havnt tested these guys on air or water yet, but i think i could probably hit 5ghz. :/ 

It may not be so long until your wet dream of 5.8ghz on water will become a reality.
July 21, 2010 9:18:13 AM

I've run 5.2GHz on water with a P4. That was that chip's limit on water, though some Italian guys got one of those to 8+ using LN2.

Some day...
!