Lian Li X500 - Help me out here

G

Hello everyone :D

Yesterday i guy adviced my to buy a 850 - 1000 watt for my new rig.

I will list it up:

920 i7
Gigabyte UD3
GTX 260 55nm BFG OC x2 ... Maybe a third next year who knows.
120 thermalright
(Dunno yet what PSU, it needs to fit into my chase. - I only got wattage needed so far)
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=260&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62

Today i found out that Lian Li X500 is going to be my new chassis. It has such a stunning look, and look VERY quality. It also has the advantage that its not so long, which perfect match my room.

My problem here is::::: I found out on Lian Li's site + after readin several reviews, that there isnt that much space for a huge PSU in it. To be more precise Lian Li says that there is room for a 180mm PSU, which is shorter than Corsair 1000 wattage.

I am very new to computers and I dont know anything about PSU. Would someone recommend some PSU's which fits into this case, and meet my hardware requirements? I prefer a 1000 watt since its more future proof.

Another questions is ... Is this case a nice case? I have only seen in on pics, which dont really shows the case, as when you see it with ur own eyes. Anyone seen it or know how it is? I would be happy to hear from you.

But the most important thing. Anyone knows 1000watt PSU which is suitable for this chassis?? ;) Please link!

Thnx alot everyone, and have a nice evening.

Thomas

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
yeah it is a nice case, i will also get me one soon.

personaly i prefer zalman psu's because the are very quite even more so than the corsair psu i have. they have just released a new 770w psu that would fit, for me i will be getting the 660w version for my x500 case.

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
My current pc with 2x 4850 crossfire will use 350w max so a 770W would be overkill for me. for if you run 2 260 or 280 it will also do just fine but if you really want a third card then it might be a little on the small size.

if you really need a 1000w psu then the X2000 would be the best case as this case would fit a longer 22cm psu

G

Yes i know. But when i buy a chassis for so much money, i want it to be my chassis for the next 5 years minimum.

The evolution atm is that PC's use more and more power, and in 3-4 years 1000 hx might be standard.

Then it would be quite sucky to stand with a case which max can take a 600 watt PSU. Can you follow me?

Isnt there any 1000 HX which fits? And if not, can u tell me the highest watt PSU which fits it? Link etc.

TRENDING THREADS