- Photo and Video Editing
- Occasional gaming
- Record TV
SAPPHIRE 4850 X2 2GB
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 1066
PC Pwr & Cl'ng S75QB 750W
Two WD 640 GB HD
Antec P182 Case
zalman 92mm ball cooler
dvd burner (and maybe blue ray in the future)
tv tuner card
possible sound card in the future
- I know the 4850 X2 is really long and I'm hoping I can remove one of the hard drive bays in the P182 to accomodate the added length.
-I like the design of the P182 and would like to go with that case (plus its on sale at newegg)
1. Will the 750W power supply be sufficient? I was also looking at Corsair's cmpsu-850TX 850W psu as an alternative.
2. Would I be better off with 8GB of RAM considering I plan to do mostly photo and video editing?
3. Any compatibility concerns I should be aware of with the selected equipment?
4. Am I getting pretty good bang for my buck?
There is no price limit per se, but I don't feel the urge to spend top dollar for latest and greatest. I'd like my system to run today's program really well and sustain my needs for about 2-3 years. Considering I don't game very much I think this system will fill that bill. For about the same money (~1300) could I get all of the above features with a different/better configuration?
Thanks for the reply. I know the gigabyte board doesn't have a crazy heatsink design but could anyone comment on the clearance of the 120mm Rifle Cooler? I'm wondering if the larger cooler will have tighter tolerances than the zalman 92mm ball cooler (despite the unusual design of the zalman).