Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Hi guys
I`m new to this forum . I built my new computer 3 weeks ago,and it`s
-Intel core i7-920
-Gigabyte EX58-UD5
-6 Gige OCZ 1600Mhz Tri-channel
-BFG 9800GTX+
Every thing works fine,but there is a question for me that when I check my cpu with "Intel Processor ID Utility" everything is differ than actuall things. I attached a photo of the massage that it says

Also I have not overclocked it yet.
I appreciate any help from you guys

m7rfra.jpg

and also I checked it once with Everest and it says this

xmqrfo.jpg

Looks fine to me. It's running a bit high, but not bad. Definitely quite close to normal ranges (by the way - the core clock is 2.83GHz because of Intel Turbo mode - that's normal). If you're concerned, try downloading CPU-Z and see what it says.

frost866

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Thanks Cjl for your help
so you mean that` not a problem .
If you check the CPU Multiplier it say x21 but in the bios it just 13-20. so what do you think?

Is that gonna make make problem for the computer?or elses?

33b0hsp.jpg

That's fine - the reason the multiplier goes to 21 is because of Intel's turbo mode - it's intentional, and makes your computer faster. If you ran a heavy load single threaded application, you might even see it go up to 22x in a couple of cases - it just depends on the load being applied.

Your bclk does look a hair high, if you haven't overclocked (it should be 133, not 135), but that shouldn't be an issue. That's probably why the Intel thing was saying yours looked overclocked. If you're really concerned, you could check that in the BIOS and make sure it was set to 133. Other than that though, it looks perfect. The voltage is excellent, and all your other settings look fine.