Please help...Local disk went missing o___x

YuukiiHime

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Hello, well I really need help...my system went down and I had to reformat it whole. So after I did that (not first time to do anyway) my local disk D: went missing... that's something never happened. So please help me....what do I need to do to get it back? :( :(

COLGeek

Cybernaut
So, how many physical HDDs are in your system? Also, what OS are you using? Your solution depends on these answers. Please claify and I am sure someone on Tom's can help.

BTW, when you reformatted your entire system, did you delete and then create new partitions as well? If so, you may have went from more than one partition to a single partition, overwriting your previous data in your D: drive.

If that is the case, you may need to find some partition recovery software, like Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva) to get your files back.

Please answer the questions above and we'll see what can be done. Good luck!!!

YuukiiHime

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Two and I'm using Windows XP sp3

and umm....no o_o I Have all my old files that was in my local disc C....But local disk D is missing

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Go into your Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management and see if the second disk is present. You may just have to reformat and assign a drive letter. At least determine whether the PC recognizes the second drive.

YuukiiHime

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010

Naw, there is only one. I checked that first. Now my keyboard is acting weird. So yeah I think I will reformat it again. Thank you for everything.^^