paulm_2008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008
:(

Hi, I recently purchased 4 120mm Thunderblade LED case fans. I was oping that as with other fans there would be an adaptor supplied which would allow me to connect these fans to the male 3 pin header connectors on the motherboard. However having received the product, I was somewhat dissapointed to find that not such interface device existed. Is there any way in which the 4 Pin Molex + seperate single wire [on a 3 pin female header] RPM sensor can be adapted to enable me to connect the fans directly to either the motherboard headers or a fan controller ? I must admit I think these fans have this configuration for a reason [i.e. current draw is probably too great to directly attach to the mobo]. Any Ideas/Help/Reccomendations would be more than greatfully received.

Regards

Paul

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006

halcyon

Splendid

While that's a good adapter I think that it would only allow the OP to connect the fans to the mobo and get power...not be able to read or control RPM. I noted in the pic that there's only 2 wires coming off of the 3 pin connector...the RPM wire seems to be missing.

paulm_2008

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008
Hi, thank you for taking interest in my issue, as halcyon correctly states, this product although it would do the job would not allow me to monitor the RPM directly. I'm wondering If for example I could connect this product [linked above] to my fan controller and the single 3 pin header [RPM sensor] currently on my fan to the motherboard header, then use for example Probe II [ASUS] to monitor fan rpm and adjust the voltage via the fan controller - its a real mess but it probably would work. I cannot see why no single thing exists which would allow all three cables to be connected to a single female header block [this I cannot find]

Regards, Paul

TRENDING THREADS