What voltage preference is the main ?

hektor_dar

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
i want to increase the main cpu voltage so i can overcock my cpu more but i dont realy know my bios version so i can tell you
pleaser help,
thanks !
[my mobo is writen above]

Solution
If you have a DFI board, you should have a couple of different ways in your BIOS to up the cpu voltage. DFI boards have the most comprehensive and advanced BIOS settings of any board made, and you shouldn't update your BIOS unless you have a reason. A good reason would be like if you are going to upgrade your CPU and your current BIOS does not support the new CPU. Updating just because there is another one available.... not always a good move.
Read your motherboard manual to learn how to use your BIOS settings.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Go to DFi's website and follow the steps there to identify your Motherboard bios version and if needed, update it.

Your Model is : DFI DK-X58 T3eH9
And could have any one of a number of different bios' installed on it currently.

If you have a DFI board, you should have a couple of different ways in your BIOS to up the cpu voltage. DFI boards have the most comprehensive and advanced BIOS settings of any board made, and you shouldn't update your BIOS unless you have a reason. A good reason would be like if you are going to upgrade your CPU and your current BIOS does not support the new CPU. Updating just because there is another one available.... not always a good move.
Read your motherboard manual to learn how to use your BIOS settings.

Solution

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
I would guess that yours would use the same terminology as my UT and there are a couple ways to do it.

Here is the way mine looks in bios.
CPU VID Control:
CPU VID Special Add Limit:
CPU VID Special Add:
Vcore Droop Control:
The 1st one will increase your cpu to what you set it for but you will lose the dynamic voltage control if you keep your power savings enabled. If you enable your cpu voltage by the CPU VID Special Add you will keep the dynamic voltage and you vcore will drop when the load drops and all power saving features are enabled.

The Vcore Droop Control can be confusing, when set to Disabled it will eliminate vdrop/vdroop and will actually raise the vcore slightly as you go from idle to full load. When set to Enable you will have the normal vdrop/vdroop.