Need help finding components for a new computer

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
i used to know some stuff about computer technology about a year ago, then i forgot quite a bit, im 15, i dont see if age makes any difference in the person whos building the computer, and ive decided to finnaly build my own computer after not being able to do it a year ago

Im sorry if anything is wrong, havent done this stuff in a while, my budget as planned will be around 1000$ US, im going to make a computer that can play some games, not the ultra super powered PC thatll need 1000 watts of energy, just one that works and can play some up to date games

So far, ive figured out a CPU, which i have liked for a while, the Q6600 from intel and possibly 9800GTX graphics card

If anyone has ANY ideas on what to get, id love to hear them, better cpu, better graphics card, i would love to hear them, as i am a bit clueless on what to do, maybe a motherboard to go with the Q6600, anything like that, would be appreciated, thank you

I've built a few computers, but I put these into my last system and couldn't be happier with it so far. Total I paid about $700, and prices have come down a bit since then. I play some games, but nothing hardcore, so you may want a beefier video card, but it does me fine. I like the gigabyte board, ddr3 ram, and the case looks nice, is cheap and comes with a decent power supply.

OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

Sony NEC Optiarc Black SATA DVD-ROM

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775

GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-DS3R LGA 775

MSI N8400GS-TD256 GeForce 8400 GS

RAIDMAX Scorpio ATX-868WSP

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
the items in the 1000$ budget only include the things inside the computer case, power supply, mother board, keyboard and mouse i can work off by myself including the moniter