Got my Crossfire setup....warning to buyers...

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Title may be a bit misleading, but if you read this post that wont be a problem :pt1cable:

Anyways, got my second IceQ4 4850 today and my Corsair 850W. Install went fine, no problems with that. There are several things I have noticed though that should be taken into account and currently have me very pissed off.

A. The new IceQ4 cooler is a way darker blue, the actual PCB and the clear plastic cooler itself. This is minor.
B. The new IceQ4 does NOT have a heatsink on the PMW's like my original one does. Significant.
C. The new IceQ4 has a sh1tty fan. Anything over 50% and it produces a ear piercing, low pitched whistle. The only thing I can use to describe it with is a damn dog whistle (which we cant hear, but think about it in a movie youve seen). Its not loud but its just piercing my ear. This is extremely significant. Cooling performance is not any different than the original model however.

As far as actual performance goes its fine, im loving it with no issues. I know these cards sometimes go through revisions and go through cost cutting measures as the card becomes more and more cheaper to produce, but this is absurd. All last week I had been picturing it in my mind....two of the same exact looking cards in my case looking badass. Now it looks like a red headed stepchild, except its a blue headed step child.

Anyways, point of my post is take this stuff into consideration when buying this card from here on out. The pictures arent exactly accurate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161244

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

TRENDING THREADS