Sign in with
Your question

Will GTX 260+ fit in ASUS p5q se2?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 4, 2009 7:21:45 AM

Hey guys and new to this forum but I've been a reader for a long time now.

I'm assembling a system based on the q9400 and I'm using an Asus p5q se2 motherboard.

I'm planning on using a GTX 260 for my graphics card but I noticed that the 24 pin connector is very near the PCIe slot. I'm just basing on a picture of the motherboard since mine did not arrive yet. Will this interfere with my GTX 260's position or not?
a b V Motherboard
June 4, 2009 10:33:39 AM

Yes. I have the SE PLUS (same layout) and my GTX 260 fits with more than enough room. My Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 is also there with lots of room.
June 9, 2009 1:49:50 AM

hundredislandsboy said:
Yes. I have the SE PLUS (same layout) and my GTX 260 fits with more than enough room. My Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 is also there with lots of room.

Thanks HundredIslandsBoy.

Just one more question. What power supply connectors do you need for the p5q? A (20+4) pin connector or a 24 pin connector AND a 4 pin 12v connector? Thanks again.
Related resources
June 19, 2009 2:52:22 AM

Hey I assembled my system now and it's all good! Thanks for all the help!
June 21, 2009 2:26:34 PM

ismalakas said:
Hey I assembled my system now and it's all good! Thanks for all the help!

Hi!
I have purchased a GTX 260 and a P5Q SE motherboard. I dont think it should be too much different to the plus version. Anyway, I put the gtx 260 in the PCIe x16 slot and it fits... Great! :) . BUT how can i get it out again?? i can see the clip to unhook it, but i can't unclip it because its underneath the fat card. To make it harder, the RAM slots are obstructing me from using a thin object. How can I unclip it without breaking anything?
thanks for any suggestions :) 
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 20, 2010 7:08:35 PM

I have a P5Q-SE2 and a Galaxy gtx 260 tri-fan. The way I do it is by getting a pen a pressing the exposed lock with it and pulling the card lightly.
!