SpinQ VT or Frio?

i will buy new CPU cooler. i use Phenom X4 955BE and i will OC to 4Ghz. so what must i buy between SpinQVT or Frio ?
8 answers Last reply
More about spinq frio
  1. The Frio is an excellent cooler, not sure about the VT.
  2. The frio will do it however it's huge and loud.
    The SpinQVT won't even come close to cooling your cpu at that speed.
    Megahalems or Venomous X-RT would be my choices.
  3. Hi.

The TT Frio is much better that the SpinQ VT just be sure that fit in ur case.

@Davcon: I can get the same 4GHz with a Hyper 212+ why the SpinQ VT will not be enough?

@OvrClkr: Nice to see u again and with the mod status ;)
  4. saint19 said:

same to you buddy ;)
  5. saint19 said:
    Hi.

The TT Frio is much better that the SpinQ VT just be sure that fit in ur case.

@Davcon: I can get the same 4GHz with a Hyper 212+ why the SpinQ VT will not be enough?

I could be wrong about the SpinQ but i've yet to see it reviewed with a cpu clocked to 3.6GHz anywhere.
    I've seen reviews with it used on 3.2GHz oc and it was ok.
    Nowhere near 4 so someone convince me otherwise.
    I also have a CM Hyper 212+ which is an exceptional cooler for the price.
  6. The SpinQ is definitely more of a looker than a performer. That is not to say it won't perform, but I wouldn't trust it at 4 Ghz. There are others that perform better than the SpinQ by a mile and a lot cheaper. The Frio however, happens to be at or around the top of many cooling tests, if you can fit it in you case and around your RAM.
  7. I have a SPINQ and it works well. It is on a sabertooth P67 board w/ a I7 2600k. Stock speeds are 3.4 ghz and i have it clocked to 4.4ghz and temps really didnt move. At load the highest it got was 60c and idle is 35-39c :na:
  8. So, Frio OCK? that's what I can get around here...
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling CPUs Phenom Overclocking