Helltech

Distinguished
So I finally got my Rampage II and my second 260. So how can I get my XFI titanium pro to fit on this mobo? The place its "supposed" to go it wont fit becuase of the "fusion block" (I don't even know what it is, I just thought it was a random heatsink, but when I removed it I found out it had thermal paste on it, and was acutally on some copper modual. I could put the X-FI card in the other free expansion slot, but then I would have to move my video cards down, and the second one wouldn't be in x16.

1) Is that fusion block needed?

2) If It is could be horrible to remove some of the pins from it and mod to make the X-Fi Tiitanium card fit.

Thanks,

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
If you want to retain your warranty then you'd have to change out the entire heatpipe-heatsink cooling on the motherboard to 3rd party. Separating MOSFET and chipset heatsinks that is.

2) If It is could be horrible to remove some of the pins from it and mod to make the X-Fi Tiitanium card fit.
That if you don't mind losing your warranty for the mobo. Using a handsaw to truncate the protruding heatsink blocking the way.

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I have a Rampage II Extreme. All I did was pull it out of the slot and re insert it, because I noticed it wasnt properly set on the i/o side, and no blue LED was turning on. Didnt do anything to the motherboard still on the same socket you mentioned.