ASUS A8N sli deluxe

Tried to install a wireless lan pci card, and the windows wouldn't recognize it....put bios back to default and system won't boot, no post, no beeps....system was working for a long time...tested HD in a vista system, and its fine....So, took the ASUS 6800 gt out and put it in a Gigabyte MB (which also has been running fine for a while, and has the similar 6800gt nvidia vid card. Switched cards...the Gigabyte card won't work in the asus, and the asus won't work in the gigabyte...so it seems both the vid card (in the asus sys.) and the asus mb is fried...or is there something i'm missing?
3 answers Last reply
More about asus deluxe
  1. bklyn1028 said:
    Tried to install a wireless lan pci card, and the windows wouldn't recognize it....put bios back to default and system won't boot, no post, no beeps....system was working for a long time...tested HD in a vista system, and its fine....So, took the ASUS 6800 gt out and put it in a Gigabyte MB (which also has been running fine for a while, and has the similar 6800gt nvidia vid card. Switched cards...the Gigabyte card won't work in the asus, and the asus won't work in the gigabyte...so it seems both the vid card (in the asus sys.) and the asus mb is fried...or is there something i'm missing?

no takers huh.....oh well
  2. Unless Asus and Gigabyte *really* do not like each other, I don't think you've missed anything.

Of course, what any of this has to do with the simple insertion of a wireless lan card is beyond me. Sensing there's more to this story, I'll leave it there.
  3. Nothing wrong with video here. Likely an OS issue here. What are you using? XP/Vista ?? Reset the BIOS, try installing the LAN card again, use the CD that came with it. If still nothing, check out the website, there could be some issues with that card. Not sure.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Gigabyte