Water cooling suggestion...

chuckyboy05

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Im looking to go water cooling, on my phenom 9950 black edition, my budget is upto £50, i know its not a lot but i only want to OC to 3.0ghz stable. I have a Mid tower gaming case

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134797

and a Asus m3n78-Vm mobo, not the best but i guess i could reach 3ghz using the bios overclocking features.

Hit me with some suggestions please

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
you're gonna have to get an all-in-one kit like the corsair h50 for 50 pounds..

have to spend around $300 give or take to get a custom loop..

if anything, i would go for a higher end air cooling heatsink as they will perform on par with lower watercooling systems..

chuckyboy05

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008

Thankyou for the reply, i was gettin kinda sick of lookin for a decent cooler, theres so many of them.

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
haven't been looking at air cooling for a while since i built my computer a while ago.. the TRUE (thermalright 120 ultra), prolimatech megahalem, xigmatech 1284 were popular when I was looking at air cooling.. might want to read up on the overclocking section..

I had to get a sunbeam core contact freezer since I didn't have money while in college. I didn't like it when I had it on my q6600.. however, i recently installed it on my gf's athlon ii x3 440 (3.0ghz stock) and it idles at 31 degrees celcius which is pretty low (since it's overclocked to 3.6ghz with no extra volts!) on load, it never hits above 42.

that's a sunbeam core contact.. think about what temps you'll get with a better air cooler!

for 50 pounds, i think you'd want to go air for better performance

chuckyboy05

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008

cool, i think i will go for the heatink cooler instead of water cooling, them radiators seem to take up a lot of space especially in the case i have, i'd have to manually drill holes in the back of the case to screw into the radiator & fan, which i dont really want to do. Was thinkin about changing my CPU actually to a Athlon II x4 they're only £74, and run at low temps, i think the stock is £2.9ghz.

Thanks for all the heads up :)

TRENDING THREADS