• HP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I have troubles choosing. Generally speaking, I love Western Digital. For high capacity drives, Hitachi/Samsung are both excellent. That's just my opinion :)

G

I've had a 80b Seagate survive 7 years of hard service, and a 320gb WD Pata drive thats short stroked, providing 90mbps (ata-100 limited) of bandwidth for the last 3 years. If anything WD, Samsung or Seagate, well at least older Seagate drives were good, not sure about the new ones.

obsolete99

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010
I've never had a bad experience with a Hitachi. WD would be my close second best. Seagates have a tendency to fail on me more often than others. Though, recently I was able to correct a Seagate 500GB by using a USB cell phone cable. That was fun.

I've a Hitachi 250GB running strong from past 5 years.. No complaints whatsoever.. And its fast enough for me to consider changing to a new drive as OS drive.. It scores an average 32 sec on Crysis load times.. Anyway, my most bad experiences have come with WD drives.. Both with my purchases and with my friends.. Surprising for me too as I've always read good things about them..