Sign in with
Your question

HDD not working properly

Last response: in Storage
July 16, 2010 4:47:03 AM

hi all, today i was assembling my new gaming rig, i was stupid in powering on the computer several test times when the HDD was sideways so i guess that was enough to corrupt it.

when i boot up the computer the bios DOES recognize the HDD is there and how much is left. but when i try to boot it it says "no boot device available"

my HDD is a 1TB cavalier black western digital. the files seem to be intact as when i ran the windows 7 repair disk (which did nothing it cant detect my OS). i was able to browse through all my files.

is there a way for me to repair the error (would the western digital data lifegard diagnostics solve the problem)?

also when i try to install windows 7 it doesnt allow me to create a new partiton in setup so thats out

More about : hdd working properly

July 16, 2010 5:58:25 PM

BUMP no one noes?
m
l
July 17, 2010 12:26:43 AM

having it sideways shouldnt matter. PS: its CAVIAR not cavalier
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
July 17, 2010 12:39:06 AM

"i was assembling my new gaming rig" Does this mean you you had W7 installed on different hardware, did you change the mb and cpu and other parts.
It helps if you provide such details, so we don't have to guess what's going on.
m
l
July 17, 2010 12:43:22 AM

Jonmor68 said:
"i was assembling my new gaming rig" Does this mean you you had W7 installed on different hardware, did you change the mb and cpu and other parts.
It helps if you provide such details, so we don't have to guess what's going on.

yes it had windows 7, i changed every part its essentially a brand new computer modo, cpu, gcard, everything. only thing i didnt change was case and cd drive, and of course the HDD
m
l
!