CPU stuck in sleep mode?

arti

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I got a new keyboard for my computer a day back, and by mistake I hit the sleep button.
Upon attempt to reawaken my CPU, the monitor said it had no DVI-A connection, and mouse and keyboard were not lit up.
I then shut down the CPU by holding the power button for a 10 seconds. Unplugged power cord, kept it out for 30 seconds. Started the computer back up and now it seems as if the keyboard, mouse, and monitor are no longer connected. The light doesn't light up, the keyboard lights flash upon start up, but never show again, and the monitor still says no DVI-A connection. It checks some other connections (too fast to read what they are) but those do not fail.

the fans work, and it sounds like drives are running

After browsing google, it seems like my CPU is stuck in a sleep state.

I am using windows Vista.

Other things I have tried -
Use a new monitor, says no connection.
Took out RAM and graphics card for 30 secs

not sure what else to do

Socrates-2

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Hi Arti!
I have been encountering the exact same (recurring out of the blue) problem, without hitting the sleep mode button but CPU going into SM after set time. Using Vista, as well with HP Pavilion, KB & terminal.

Shut down CPU and restarting produced some script (forgot what) and after following the prompts, luckily each time, eventually! the screen was coming back up.

Does anybody know the cause and cure for this, apparently not so uncommon, problem. Never had this occur, though with WIN SP in the past or previous (HP) terminals.

How did you resolve your problem and what was determined to have been the cause. Did you need to get a new driver, because that is what I think may be behind this.