I need to upgrade my IWILL KK226 PLUS BIOS

I need to upgrade my IWILL KK226 PLUS motherboard BIOS, the problem is that i got a new hard disk 250 GB, but the setup recognized only 136 GB. If somebody knows something about this problem, or has the last upgrade for this BIOS please send an e-mail to comando_co@yahoo.com. i appreciate your help. Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrade iwill kk226 bios
  1. The chipset limits it to that size. A solution is to buy a controller that can handle disks larger than 137 GB. Have you considered upgrading your motherboard?
  2. I was thinking in to convert the 250 Gb Hard disk in a portable big memory using an enclosure. I have a 20 Gb hard disk that i can use to install the OS, and the 250 Gb disk will be the main memory unit. What do you think about this?
  3. You would use the 250 GB in a USB enclosure? You'll have to give it a try.
  4. I did it. I have an enclosure with a 500 GB, it works excellent. It's an excellent solutions for transporting information, or when you need go to some place to copy information from a pc or laptop that you have to format or something like that.

That enclosure with the 500GB HD is an Ultra enclosure with a little fan to extract the heat. It's cool!!! I love it.
  5. GhislainG said:
    The chipset limits it to that size. A solution is to buy a controller that can handle disks larger than 137 GB. Have you considered upgrading your motherboard?

Where can I buy a controller that will work on this motherboard. Upgrading the entire motherboard is a problem for more reasons than I can explain. I just need to be able to replace my old drive wit a larger one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Hard Drives Motherboards