S video driver windows xp free

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpnotebook

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hello,
I have a HP Pavilion Note Book-Model DV5000, but after several fixes (downloads)and attempts I can't get a picture on my TV when I plug in the S-Video cord to my Note book and TV. Can you help me?

Solution
is your netbook set to output to that svideo slot?

try Fn+F4 while the TV is plugged in. Also, make sure your tv is set to show signal from appropriate port (digital TVs typically have many ports, you need to select the correct one to see the picture)

also make sure your laptop is outputting a resolution that your TV can support. If you don't know this, set your computer to 800x600 and try then
is your netbook set to output to that svideo slot?

try Fn+F4 while the TV is plugged in. Also, make sure your tv is set to show signal from appropriate port (digital TVs typically have many ports, you need to select the correct one to see the picture)

also make sure your laptop is outputting a resolution that your TV can support. If you don't know this, set your computer to 800x600 and try then

Solution

hpnotebook

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

Thank you for the help. Two things were happening that I was unaware of and that is why I was unable to see the picture.

1st I was looking for the picture in video 2 where my DVD player was set up and the s video was at video 1.

2nd I was not even aware of the function of the f4 function key. I see them but have never used them. I am going to have to get a manual for this notebook so that I can utilize all the benefits my laptop has to offer.

Thank you again - I'm glad I found the website and that you were there to help me with my issue.

Sincerely,
hp notebook

Mike Lovett

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

The Fn+f4 helped me; I had always seen that myself and never knew what it was for! I have a flatscreen Panasonic, and I misordered my s-video cable. What I ended up with was a n s-video for the PC side and then 2 RCA plugs on the other! LOL I tried it anyway and I as able to finally get a pic through one of the video channels, but no color; the image looked like an old TV set! So I ill no re-order a ne s-video and everything sould be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.