New Motherboard or Processor?

forresttrenaman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Hi, so I did something rely stupid last week, you see I vacuumed out my computer :non:, so when I plugged it in and turned it on everything powers on correctly, but the screen dose not come on or wake up :(, so I assumed it was my graphics card, so I popped another video card in (an ATI Card) and it worked!, so the just to make sure it was the video card I popped the old one back in and it was dead, so I replaced it with my working one and now it dose not work, so I assumed that somehow fried my working video card, and that was not the end of the world because I wanted a new card anyways, so I bought a 512MB GeForce 7300 GT and popped it in and it dose not work, so it looks like my other video cards are fine and I eliminated the video card being the problem, so then to troubleshoot things further, I removed the Hard Drive and the Optical Drive from the computer, so when I tried powering it on, I still had the same problem, so then I tried taking out the ram and that did not work, so then I tried putting it back in one stick at a time with no success, and the last thing I tried was going over all the wiring and making sure it was all seated properly, again no success.

So anyway, I have eliminated the Video Card, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, Ram, and Wiring. so that leaves the Processor and Motherboard, so I am wandering witch one it is, and just to let you know, I have tried another monitor, with no success.

And all the fans start spinning when I power it up and it makes all the little beeps it would normally make, BUT IF I HAVE A KEYBOARD OR MOUSE PLUGGED INTO IN THE LIGHTS ON THEM DO NOT COME ON.

I would think if the motherboard was bad the monitor would still get a signal, but I have been wrong before :ange:

And the thing that creeps me out the most is how after I vacuumed it out, I was able to get it running once with the ATI card and the the next time I tried, it did not work :eek:

Here is my setup:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe
4GB 2x 2GB DDR2
500GB HD
Philips Optical Drive
Q6600 Intel Core 2Quad Processor

Basically I want to know weather a new Motherboard will be a guarantied fix.

Thanks.