controlling desktop mp3 player from pocket pc via infrared..

June 21, 2004 12:29:38 AM

I actually had the opposite idea - my desktop PC has way more hard
disk space than an iPod or my CD changer. But I have no room for a
monitor and it's a pain to hook it up to a TV, etc, to choose songs
and press play/stop etc.

I'd like to make a Pocket PC app that acts as the remote and playlist
editor for the desktop PC which sits on my stereo rack. It could
communicate via some kind of wireless (IR, bluetooth, wifi, whatever.
support all 3). Basically it would be a player just like WinAmp, but
the Pocket PC acts as the front end.

Does any such program already exist? How hard would it be to program?
Any info or references to existing source code (VB.NET preferred)
would be appreciated.
Thanks

Search Result 10
From: Dan (dano272@yahoo.com)
Subject: controlling pocket pc mp3 player from desktop via wifi 802.11
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia
Date: 2004-01-17 10:27:19 PST

My current setup with the pocket pc connected to my stereo, shared
drive on pc storing the mp3s, pocket pc mapping shared drive, all done
over my 802.11 network works well. I currently use pocketmp3 and like
it. What I would like to do - and haven't been able to find the
answers to - is control the pocket pc mp3 player from the desktop.
So, more or less, I just want to have the pocket pc sit there and do
what it's told from the pc. Ideally, this would happen through winamp
as a plug-in. I know I'm asking for a lot here. Anyone know of
anything currently like this?

Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 12:26:22 PM

Forget the programming, these programs are cheaper than it would cost
you to download and learn the SDK ;-)

Check out :

http://tinyurl.com/35wal
http://tinyurl.com/22gns
http://tinyurl.com/3d9yd

Cheers - Neil !

On 20 Jun 2004 20:29:38 -0700, usenet_daughter@yahoo.com (Mad
Scientist Jr) wrote:

>I actually had the opposite idea - my desktop PC has way more hard
>disk space than an iPod or my CD changer. But I have no room for a
>monitor and it's a pain to hook it up to a TV, etc, to choose songs
>and press play/stop etc.
>
>I'd like to make a Pocket PC app that acts as the remote and playlist
>editor for the desktop PC which sits on my stereo rack. It could
>communicate via some kind of wireless (IR, bluetooth, wifi, whatever.
>support all 3). Basically it would be a player just like WinAmp, but
>the Pocket PC acts as the front end.
>
>Does any such program already exist? How hard would it be to program?
>Any info or references to existing source code (VB.NET preferred)
>would be appreciated.
>Thanks
>

>Search Result 10
>From: Dan (dano272@yahoo.com)
>Subject: controlling pocket pc mp3 player from desktop via wifi 802.11
>This is the only article in this thread
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia
>Date: 2004-01-17 10:27:19 PST
>

>My current setup with the pocket pc connected to my stereo, shared
>drive on pc storing the mp3s, pocket pc mapping shared drive, all done
>over my 802.11 network works well. I currently use pocketmp3 and like
>it. What I would like to do - and haven't been able to find the
>answers to - is control the pocket pc mp3 player from the desktop.
>So, more or less, I just want to have the pocket pc sit there and do
>what it's told from the pc. Ideally, this would happen through winamp
>as a plug-in. I know I'm asking for a lot here. Anyone know of
>anything currently like this?

>Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 1:03:37 AM

Use Vinyl - v1.0

Regards

MikeW

"Mad Scientist Jr" <usenet_daughter@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I actually had the opposite idea - my desktop PC has way more hard
> disk space than an iPod or my CD changer. But I have no room for a
> monitor and it's a pain to hook it up to a TV, etc, to choose songs
> and press play/stop etc.
>
> I'd like to make a Pocket PC app that acts as the remote and playlist
> editor for the desktop PC which sits on my stereo rack. It could
> communicate via some kind of wireless (IR, bluetooth, wifi, whatever.
> support all 3). Basically it would be a player just like WinAmp, but
> the Pocket PC acts as the front end.
>
> Does any such program already exist? How hard would it be to program?
> Any info or references to existing source code (VB.NET preferred)
> would be appreciated.
> Thanks
>

> Search Result 10
> From: Dan (dano272@yahoo.com)
> Subject: controlling pocket pc mp3 player from desktop via wifi 802.11
> This is the only article in this thread
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia
> Date: 2004-01-17 10:27:19 PST
>

> My current setup with the pocket pc connected to my stereo, shared
> drive on pc storing the mp3s, pocket pc mapping shared drive, all done
> over my 802.11 network works well. I currently use pocketmp3 and like
> it. What I would like to do - and haven't been able to find the
> answers to - is control the pocket pc mp3 player from the desktop.
> So, more or less, I just want to have the pocket pc sit there and do
> what it's told from the pc. Ideally, this would happen through winamp
> as a plug-in. I know I'm asking for a lot here. Anyone know of
> anything currently like this?

------
> Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 4:41:58 PM

Yep, it's very good. Although, I couldn't get it to control WMP7 :-p

A nice addition then, is an FM transmitter for your PC - you get to
use the PPC as controller and pass that around, while your PC
broadcasts the chosen tracks around the house, and you pick them up on
your receiver and decent amp ;-)

Cheers ! Neil

!