How to disable the hotkey CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

arobert

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hello,i would like to disable the hotkey CTRL + SHIFT + ESC but not disable the access to task manager. ( cmd / taskmgr.exe)= access

also make sure that it will not affect all others hotkeys like ALT+TAB

any idea ?

arobert

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
actually the CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work. when they did the old image they probably disable it, however i still have access to task manager.

I have 2 differents images : windows server 2003 and windows XP Pro.

DPMold

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
hi, I have been working to do the same thing on a windows 10 machine but to little success. On an up side I know how to do this for windows 7(Tried and tested).

a. Click Start, Run, type “regedit”.
b. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Policies->Microsoft"
c. Create a new key of name "KeyboardFilter"
d. with keyboardFilter selected create a new string value named "Shift+Ctrl+Esc"
e. set this new key to the value 1 and save.
*this can be done for many shortcuts such as Alt+Tab , Win+R
f. next you will need to run command prompt as administrator. (Win+R type cmd, check box to launch as admin)
g. type "sc start KeyboardFilter" into command prompt and press enter.
f. Test your keys are disabled.

*if when you run the command prompt process you are told this service is already running sometimes you need to restart the process for it to take effect. To stop the service type "sc stop keyboardFilter" and enter. This will stop the service so now repeat step g.

Hope this helps you out and if anyone has any tips on doing the same thing on windows 10 id appreciate it because my understanding is they decided to remove the keyboardFilters service from windows 10.