Media Player 8.0 for Pocket PC 2002

June 21, 2004 11:10:01 PM

I have a iPAQ 3635 with Pocket PC 2002 installed. The PPC 2002 upgrade CD had a link to Microsoft for the manual install of Media Player 8. That link is old and is now redirected to the Media Player site which does not contain the download for the Pocket PC. The only thing I can find on Microsoft's site is the update for media player 8. Can anyone help?
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 12:26:22 PM

Agree. Infuriating, isn't it ? They keep moving links despite being
told to stop it. All the PPC download versions have now disappeared
from the WM download page dropdown :-P

Try here http://tinyurl.com/2u2v6 for v7 player. Please can you post
the original link which went to the media player 8 page, I'll hassle
like hell to get it back.

Cheers - Neil

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:10:01 -0700, "Golfer_John"
<Golfer_John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a iPAQ 3635 with Pocket PC 2002 installed. The PPC 2002 upgrade CD had a link to Microsoft for the manual install of Media Player 8. That link is old and is now redirected to the Media Player site which does not contain the download for the Pocket PC. The only thing I can find on Microsoft's site is the update for media player 8. Can anyone help?
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 12:26:23 PM

Thanks, I have version 7.1, but it's not compatible and will not install on a Pocket PC 2002 device. I'll post the bad URL tonight.

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:

> Agree. Infuriating, isn't it ? They keep moving links despite being
> told to stop it. All the PPC download versions have now disappeared
> from the WM download page dropdown :-P
>
> Try here http://tinyurl.com/2u2v6 for v7 player. Please can you post
> the original link which went to the media player 8 page, I'll hassle
> like hell to get it back.
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:10:01 -0700, "Golfer_John"
> <Golfer_John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a iPAQ 3635 with Pocket PC 2002 installed. The PPC 2002 upgrade CD had a link to Microsoft for the manual install of Media Player 8. That link is old and is now redirected to the Media Player site which does not contain the download for the Pocket PC. The only thing I can find on Microsoft's site is the update for media player 8. Can anyone help?

June 22, 2004 9:34:15 PM

OK, thanks. I'm in an online chat with them now so I can try to get
some rapid action ;-)

Cheers - Neil

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:35:02 -0700, "Golfer_John"
<GolferJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks, I have version 7.1, but it's not compatible and will not install on a Pocket PC 2002 device. I'll post the bad URL tonight.
>
>"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:
>
>> Agree. Infuriating, isn't it ? They keep moving links despite being
>> told to stop it. All the PPC download versions have now disappeared
>> from the WM download page dropdown :-P
>>
>> Try here http://tinyurl.com/2u2v6 for v7 player. Please can you post
>> the original link which went to the media player 8 page, I'll hassle
>> like hell to get it back.
>>
>> Cheers - Neil
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:10:01 -0700, "Golfer_John"
>> <Golfer_John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a iPAQ 3635 with Pocket PC 2002 installed. The PPC 2002 upgrade CD had a link to Microsoft for the manual install of Media Player 8. That link is old and is now redirected to the Media Player site which does not contain the download for the Pocket PC. The only thing I can find on Microsoft's site is the update for media player 8. Can anyone help?

July 12, 2004 8:21:50 PM

I may be able to help you obtain media player 8. email me.

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<hrngd05dq9917k033snu67djovpjbue8ke@4ax.com>...
> OK, thanks. I'm in an online chat with them now so I can try to get
> some rapid action ;-)
>
> Cheers - Neil
>

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:35:02 -0700, "Golfer_John"
> <GolferJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks, I have version 7.1, but it's not compatible and will not install on a Pocket PC 2002 device. I'll post the bad URL tonight.
> >
> >"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:
> >
> >> Agree. Infuriating, isn't it ? They keep moving links despite being
> >> told to stop it. All the PPC download versions have now disappeared
> >> from the WM download page dropdown :-P
> >>
> >> Try here http://tinyurl.com/2u2v6 for v7 player. Please can you post
> >> the original link which went to the media player 8 page, I'll hassle
> >> like hell to get it back.
> >>
> >> Cheers - Neil

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 8:44:11 AM

Guys,
I also need some help with my 1910 too... URL included in manual doesn't
work anymore...
I have WMP 7.1 setup, but it doesn't install and all I could possible
imagined have failed... I also have an upgrade from WMP7 to WMP8 setup,
but as it doesn't install my WMP7.1, I'm stuck :(

Thanks in advance for your help,
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 5:16:37 PM

It was posted on microsoft.public.pocketpc.binaries on the 16th July

I'd start looking there (it's a low traffic newsgroup)

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 04:44:11 -0400, "Elektron"
<spam.buster@bol.com.br> wrote:

>Guys,
>I also need some help with my 1910 too... URL included in manual doesn't
>work anymore...
>I have WMP 7.1 setup, but it doesn't install and all I could possible
>imagined have failed... I also have an upgrade from WMP7 to WMP8 setup,
>but as it doesn't install my WMP7.1, I'm stuck :(
>
>Thanks in advance for your help,

August 11, 2004 11:13:34 PM

You can find the download in the newsgroup
microsoft.public.pocketpc.binaries
The message date is 7/15/2004.
The subject is Mediaplayer 8 for pocketpc2002

Terry
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:42:56 AM

It never appeared in the newsgroups with my service provider
(freeserve/wanadoo), although your reply did show up.
It may need to be googled for.

!