Gaming Case Selection

speedbird744

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2003
Guys,

Would really appreciate some advice on what case to buy for my next gaming rig build (intel i7 920). I do plan to overclock the CPU, and I'm on the fence about air cooled -vs- water. (would prefer not to water cool) Ideally, I do need something thats not too noisey, as it will sit in my office, and very quiet is not super critical, but important.

Any advice? I've looked at the Coolermaster Cosmos S, HAF 932, Silverstone FT01 and the Antec 1200...

Cheers...

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I personally like the Antec 1200, but all of those are nice cases. If you want a midtower, the Antec 900 is on sale right now (w/ promo code) at newegg.com

G

Huron,

Thanks, I just went to Newegg and got the Antec 900 for $79.99 - I missed it until you and that retired EE member mentioned it - there was that code in my newegg email, and right when I needed it! :D

The 900 has lotsa fans for air cooling, and if you water cool, the racks are removable to make more room for plumbing.

Sign up for newegg email sale notices and you will get the code. Also some good PSU's on sale!