Diff between these cards? Which one to buy...?

ShouldntHave

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
HIS H467Q1GHDAP Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card -- Appears to have slightly better spec in terms of "Effective Memory Clock"; slightly more expensive esp. considering other one has $20 rebate going on - comes to about $131 w/ shipping; definitely bought by more people.

HIS IceQ H467QS1GHA Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card -- Basically the same card but $20 rebate so comes to only about $108 total with shipping.

The review quality is basically the same for either card: ~50% love it, ~20% hate it, and the rest are evenly distributed in between. Many of the poor quality reviews have to do with driver issues, and based on personal experience I honestly think these are non-issues. Either ppl not knowing what they're doing, using the wrong drivers, tainted nasty 5-yr old Win install, or, a small % just truly getting unlucky.

I am going to buy one of these in the next 24 hrs -- leaning towards the "1GHDAP" -- and looking for some last minute advice on the practical difference between these two models. I see a slightly faster memory clock, but 1st of all, is that the only difference, and 2nd of all, is that feature even going to affect performance 1%?!

Also, the Radeon 3850 AGP is in the running... I own one in another system and it is pretty impressive for a $100 card. It's no longer on newegg but I found it for $95 elsewhere. Is the 256-bit memory bus going to be considerably faster than the 4670s? The user prefers better performance @ medium-ish settings over worse performance @ top-quality settings (textures, etc.)

For that matter, what do u think of something like this: a Palit brand, cheaper build of the 3850 HD spec? How come it's so much cheaper? Is it going to die in 3 mos.? Is it worth the risk to buy something like this?

We could make it an informal poll: which of the 4 should I buy?

(But I am still curious as to the diff between the two 4670's so, if u know, or feel like answering any of the other questions, plz post details!)

TYVM!

Solution
Solution

ShouldntHave

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
I see. I didn't realize that. I do need AGP otherwise I would be setting my sights a little higher in terms of overall poly-pushing power! ;)

Ty for the response! The chart is helpful. It looks like 3850 is actually slightly faster so I think that's what I'll do.