metmyworld

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
Iam very sad to say that i flashed a wrong bios to Mobo GA-X38-Ds5
But it still running with suome bugs but no overclocking
It doesn't flash the bios again using Q-flash utility plese help for flashing original bios .Iwas faked by a website.if any body say contact service centre i will cry...

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
I have an Award Bios tool which allows downflashing. You need a floppy drive, if not you'll have to flash by CD. This board has an Award Bios, which method do you want to use?

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Is there a DOS flasher available from Gigabyte? Try that if they have one. Or even a Windows flasher if you can still boot into Windows.
I've always used Q-flash built into BIOS to flash my X38-DQ6, never looked at other methods.

But use what starams5 gave your first. More chance of it working.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Actually you can format a USB drive to make it bootable using the floppy disk boot files, and add as many BIOS images as you can fit. Gigabyte supports booting from USB flash drives.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Last I checked Gigabyte didn't have a flash program for DOS for any of it's Q-Flash boards, but if you know the BIOS version you can usually track down the correct program via third parties.

I lost my list of BIOS switches that allow you to force the "wrong" BIOS in Award and AMI...

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009

Ya I know, I use the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. But most motherboard manufactures don't support downflashing and it appears this is the case with the Op or he would have been able to reflash his bios. Example:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/260302-30-freezing-bios-update#t1824234

metmyworld

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008

thank you i tried using q flash utility but it shows bios programming error

metmyworld

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008

I downloaded downflasher what can i do now
can you please explain me clearly iam weak in english

metmyworld

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
starams5 iam very depended on you can u able to help me from this bad situation
if this situation is knowned to my brother he will tear off me
i just want to restore my old bios or update bios GA-X38-DS5 latest release F7F

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
I still don't know if you have a floppy drive or not. This Award Bios tool should give you full access to the bios. If you are still unable to flash or experiencing problems RMA the motherboard and explain to them what happened, I'm sure you're not the first to use the wrong bios ROM. Use these instructions at your own RISK!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method# 1
Flashing by floppy with AWARD BIOS Utility:
Format to FAT or FAT32
Note: "BIOS.BIN" is used as an example, replace with your bios file name.

Download: http://www.filefactory.com/file/a02879a/n/DownGrade_Award_Flash_Utility_rar

1. Make bootable floppy. You can do this with Windows or download DRD Flash.
http://techsp.net/Components/CPU/drdflash.html

2. After making bootable floppy, copy BIOS.BIN and awdflash to disk.

3. Reboot into the bios and make sure removable drive is first then restore bios setup defaults.

4. Reboot to floopy and when you get the a:\prompt, type awdflash. Inside the Award tool just follow the instructions, you will have to enter the correct path to the ROM as well. a:\BIOS.BIN

5. After flashing let it do a full reboot. Now shut down the computer (PSU switch) and unplug it. Pull the battery and discharge the motherboard by holding in power button while touching chassis for approx 30 sec.

6. 7. Re-install battery and post.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method# 2
Flashing by CD (beta). Note: "BIOS.BIN" is used as an example, replace with your bios file name.

Download: http://www.filefactory.com/file/a02879a/n/DownGrade_Award_Flash_Utility_rar

Go here: http://www.bootdisk.com/
Download: Need To Flash Your BIOS On A PC With No 1.44, (click on 1.44 and save "FLASHCD.ISO" to desktop, if its in a archive extract it)

You will need an ISO application, UltraISO, MagicISO, etc; Use the ISO software to open FLASHCD.ISO. Now drag awdflash and BIOS.BIN into FLASHCD.ISO and "Save" If you double-click on FLASHCD.ISO you should see awdflash and BIOS.BIN if you followed the procedure correctly. Now burn FLASHCD.ISO to a CD. It must be burned as a CD image or it will not load on boot.

Boot into the bios and make sure CDROM is first boot. Restore bios setup defaults before flashing bios, usually F5. Put the CD in with your bios update and hit F10 to save bios setting and reboot.

When the CD autoruns you will come to a screen with some info telling you where your files are, example:

a:\FLASHCD
r:\awdflash, BIOS.BIN, etc;

Just remember your flashing tools will be on r:\, click continue to go to the next screen. Now you have to change the drive letter, at the a:\prompt type "r:" without the quotes and press enter, your drive letter should be "r" now.

Type awdflash and press enter, this will open the Award tool. Enter the path to the ROM and follow the instruction. r:\BIOS.BIN

When the flash is complete it will let you know, do not touch anything during this process or you'll be sorry. When prompted to reboot, do so and boot back into the bios. Shut the computer down by PSU power switch and unplug the PSU. Remove CMOS battery and discharge the motherboard by holding in the power button while touching the chassis for approx 30 sec. Re-install battery and post. Don't forget to re-apply your settings.

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009

Read all of the instructions: "Note: "BIOS.BIN" is used as an example, replace with your bios file name."

metmyworld

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
When i boot from CD it shows some lines as no CD ROM drivers
aborting installation
strike any key..........
when i pressed a key it gives A:\>
when i write R: shows invalid driver

metmyworld

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
I tried using Q flash After reading BIOS file it shows "BIOS ROM programming error"
I already said that lam Indian I have not Probability of going to Service and it got dual bios soldered to motherboard
Please help me Starams5 lam begging you................

djbrad007

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Hi,

if you Gigabyte have dual bios there is a procedure to load from backup bios and reflash the first one.

However, I don't know how.

You should look into your motherboard manual.

Regards,

Brad

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
I thought about what brad said yesterday it involves recovering the bios from the product CD. I didn't advice you on that because the only way it will work is if there is no bios detected, and even if there was no bios detected it rarely work. At this point you have nothing to lose, try what brad said anyway.