cant change file types from bitmap to jpeg?help me fix it

l got a 2.6 new computer of 4 months my file types are not
working correct, l want to save a image off the net (like
l used too ) in Gif or jpeg files but now it only gives me
the bitmap option and that is no good if the image is a
animated one as it saves it frozen in bitmap. so lm not
happy as l dont want to save bitmap l want to save in gif
or jpeg. and when l go to file types area in windows xp
home it shows me a list of file types and l choose it to
open with jpeg and it not changes nuthing l click ok but
its not working, even my husband who is a computer guru of
7 years is stumped as in why it wont change file types.
please can some help or if you have had a simular problen
can you tell us what you did to fix it?
2 answers Last reply
More about cant change file types bitmap jpeg help

    Kelly,

    Please check out this KB article
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978
    I had the same problem and these steps fixed it for me :)

    --
    Thanks,
    Lance Naugle

    "kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > l got a 2.6 new computer of 4 months my file types are not
    > working correct, l want to save a image off the net (like
    > l used too ) in Gif or jpeg files but now it only gives me
    > the bitmap option and that is no good if the image is a
    > animated one as it saves it frozen in bitmap. so lm not
    > happy as l dont want to save bitmap l want to save in gif
    > or jpeg. and when l go to file types area in windows xp
    > home it shows me a list of file types and l choose it to
    > open with jpeg and it not changes nuthing l click ok but
    > its not working, even my husband who is a computer guru of
    > 7 years is stumped as in why it wont change file types.
    > please can some help or if you have had a simular problen
    > can you tell us what you did to fix it?

    thank you very much Lance Naugle for your help my problem
    is solved: )

Configuration Windows XP