cant change file types from bitmap to jpeg?help me fix it

kelly

l got a 2.6 new computer of 4 months my file types are not
working correct, l want to save a image off the net (like
l used too ) in Gif or jpeg files but now it only gives me
the bitmap option and that is no good if the image is a
animated one as it saves it frozen in bitmap. so lm not
happy as l dont want to save bitmap l want to save in gif
or jpeg. and when l go to file types area in windows xp
home it shows me a list of file types and l choose it to
open with jpeg and it not changes nuthing l click ok but
its not working, even my husband who is a computer guru of
7 years is stumped as in why it wont change file types.
please can some help or if you have had a simular problen
can you tell us what you did to fix it?

Kelly,

Please check out this KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978
I had the same problem and these steps fixed it for me :)

--
Thanks,
Lance Naugle

"kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> l got a 2.6 new computer of 4 months my file types are not
> working correct, l want to save a image off the net (like
> l used too ) in Gif or jpeg files but now it only gives me
> the bitmap option and that is no good if the image is a
> animated one as it saves it frozen in bitmap. so lm not
> happy as l dont want to save bitmap l want to save in gif
> or jpeg. and when l go to file types area in windows xp
> home it shows me a list of file types and l choose it to
> open with jpeg and it not changes nuthing l click ok but
> its not working, even my husband who is a computer guru of
> 7 years is stumped as in why it wont change file types.
> please can some help or if you have had a simular problen
> can you tell us what you did to fix it?

kelly

thank you very much Lance Naugle for your help my problem
is solved: )

TRENDING THREADS