Adding 2nd hdd

als7iron

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hello,
mobo p4v8x-x does not see sata hdd. Using ide hdd with xp and trying to up grade to larger sata 160Gb hdd.

als7iron

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

It does not show up anywhere, I have tried installing as master, slave and as the only drive. The Motherboard is an older one and the comp has been used ide up till now. The ide hdd is full and I would like to replace it with 160Gb sata. Mobo has two sata connections. I replaced the 160 with 1Tb in the other computer so it works fine with an all sata motherboard. I cleaned up but left xp on it. The hdd is a stargate.

als7iron

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
I did go into disk management and bios, nothing. Also tried jumper to set it to Sata 1 and load as only hdd and nothing. I have tried to find some way to make sure the mobo sata connections are active but have not found anything yet. Thanks

als7iron

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
With the old ide drive operating I connected an sata cd disk drive and booted up and lo and behold there it is along with the sata hdd which will not show up in bios. All drives show up in disk management but cannot change drive letters. Neither sata drive shows up in bios but will be working on that. Thanks for the help.