Parrot

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

Does anybody else think there should be at least one more life stage
in the Sims 2? It's like the sims go from 30 to 70 in one step!

Parrot wrote:
> Does anybody else think there should be at least one more life stage
> in the Sims 2? It's like the sims go from 30 to 70 in one step!

Yes, I agree. We need some middle aged sims. I'd love to see the women go
through menopause!

Jeanie -- thinking the animations for hot flashes would be a scream

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Parrot wrote:
>> Does anybody else think there should be at least one more life stage
>> in the Sims 2? It's like the sims go from 30 to 70 in one step!
>
> Very much so. I think the current "adult" should be divided into
> "Young Adult" and "Middle Aged" or some such.

University is creating "Young Adult", so how about "Mature" for the
not-yet-retired crowd?

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply

SeaShel wrote:

> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>>Parrot wrote:
>>
>>>Does anybody else think there should be at least one more life stage
>>>in the Sims 2? It's like the sims go from 30 to 70 in one step!
>>
>>Very much so. I think the current "adult" should be divided into
>>"Young Adult" and "Middle Aged" or some such.
>

> University is creating "Young Adult", so how about "Mature" for the
> not-yet-retired crowd?

Mature sounds like a rating. "Middle Age" sounds better from a marketing
perspective. But oh yes, it has potential... Quickie divorce, leering at
the young coeds, Mrs. Robinson, the joys of menopause and Depends....
Maybe I'd better stop there.

-georg

georg wrote:
> SeaShel wrote:
>
>> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

>>> Very much so. I think the current "adult" should be divided into
>>> "Young Adult" and "Middle Aged" or some such.
>>

>> University is creating "Young Adult", so how about "Mature" for the
>> not-yet-retired crowd?
>
> Mature sounds like a rating. "Middle Age" sounds better from a
> marketing perspective. But oh yes, it has potential... Quickie
> divorce, leering at the young coeds, Mrs. Robinson, the joys of
> menopause and Depends.... Maybe I'd better stop there.

You are right - this is Maxis and they will want to make the most of it - I
retract my Mature rating. lol

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply

SeaShel wrote:

> University is creating "Young Adult",

Yeah, and I think this is entirely too many life-stages for early-on.
Young adult, from what I've seen, isn't much different than teen. The
Gen-Xers at Maxis seem to think life is all about growth and change when
you're young, but once you get to be about 25 it's all the same till
you're an old foagie. Typical whipper-snappers! ;-)

--
--Cuth

georg wrote:

> Mature sounds like a rating. "Middle Age" sounds better from a marketing
> perspective. But oh yes, it has potential... Quickie divorce, leering at
> the young coeds, Mrs. Robinson, the joys of menopause and Depends....
> Maybe I'd better stop there.

Hey, that sounds great. Mrs. Robinson as an NPC?!? I'd buy that. You
could incorporate it into University, too. (Call it "The Graduate
Expansion Pack.") Picture it: Mr. R sitting atop a desk, legs out.
She says, "This grau is Frenchey." Male Sim says, "Mrs. Robinson,
you're trying to seduce me."

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> georg wrote:
>
>> Mature sounds like a rating. "Middle Age" sounds better from a
>> marketing perspective. But oh yes, it has potential... Quickie
>> divorce, leering at the young coeds, Mrs. Robinson, the joys of
>> menopause and Depends.... Maybe I'd better stop there.
>

> Hey, that sounds great. Mrs. Robinson as an NPC?!? I'd buy that. You
> could incorporate it into University, too. (Call it "The Graduate
> Expansion Pack.") Picture it: Mr. R sitting atop a desk, legs out. She
> says, "This grau is Frenchey." Male Sim says, "Mrs. Robinson, you're
> trying to seduce me."

Not as an NPC- but I could BE Mrs. Robinson. Come 'ere little boy, and
let me polish off yer education...

It would great to see everyone's stories from there.

-georg

> SeaShel wrote:
>
>> University is creating "Young Adult",
>
> Yeah, and I think this is entirely too many life-stages for early-on.
> Young adult, from what I've seen, isn't much different than teen. The
> Gen-Xers at Maxis seem to think life is all about growth and change when
> you're young, but once you get to be about 25 it's all the same till
> you're an old foagie. Typical whipper-snappers! ;-)
>
> --
> --Cuth

We should form a pressure group. Hasn't this been discussed before? Didn't
we come up with a name? Have we got any punch? Is it worth it when we are
outnumbered by bare belly-buttons.

And HOW can a adult Sim who has only been around for two days become 'a
pillar of the community?'
Huh.

Granny.

> Parrot wrote:
>> Does anybody else think there should be at least one more life stage
>> in the Sims 2? It's like the sims go from 30 to 70 in one step!
>
> Very much so. I think the current "adult" should be divided into "Young
> Adult" and "Middle Aged" or some such. For middle aged, ......

They
> should be able to get botox injections.

You can give them those. 8)
My Plastic-Patty is a delight with a thin, well-stretch face and
beee-ootiful pouty lips. <shudder>

Granny.

> And HOW can a adult Sim who has only been around for two days become
> 'a pillar of the community?'
> Huh.
>
> Granny.

Ask George Bush. Happened to him.

Jeanie

>> And HOW can a adult Sim who has only been around for two days become
>> 'a pillar of the community?'
>> Huh.
>>
>> Granny.
>
> Ask George Bush. Happened to him.