Computer Freezes up and makes buzzing sound while gaming

ztcastro

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I am not quite sure what category this fits into, so I thought I would try here first. I bought a new computer on 12/12/08, its a Gateway DX4720-03. I basically only play games on it, Toontown online and my kids play World of Warcraft. Other then that, I will read my email and do a little online research on how to fix this problem I am having.

Then problem is while I am in the middle of my Disney game, Toontown, my computer randomly freezes up and makes a very strange noise. This also has happened when one of my children play their WoW game. I had initially thought they had to many windows open since they like to listen to music on Youtube while playing, but then it started happening to me and the only thing I use while play my game is Skype. I contacted Gateway and they told me I needed to download Java, which I had already downloaded, but I re-downloaded it and it continues freeze up at the worst times.

Is there something that you can see that I need to do to the computer to make it stop doing this. I have a Nvidia GeForce 7100 Integrated Graphics card and a 300w Power supply Unit. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but I am not a computer person, yet I really don't want to spend a lot of money sending my computer to the Geek Squad if I don't have too.

Thank you in advance for your help.