Help with gateway fx 6800 -01e

rev81

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
After a friend bought himself parts to build a custom computer I bought his gateway fx 6800-01e... I decided I wanted to paint the case immediately because the factory color is terrible... so I unplugged all the peripherals thinking 'no problem' there will be a detail on the motherboard manual...

problem being there isn't one, so I dont know where to plug in the power/reset, front panel audio/usb, media controler, and the card reader.. the comp I'm on now is 4yrs old agp based Asus mobo, with a great detailed manual that I've never had trouble with.. SO I couldn't for the life of me figure out how a brand new $1200 comp didn't have a manual with the mobo, until I tried gateway's customer support line, after explaining my situation to them they suggested I pay for the answers... never again will I buy a premade comp.. regardless my problem still exists..

so since I have already ran into a couple threads on this board about the same comp, I'm wondering if someone would be so kind to post a pic labeling what goes where.. or at least describe it for me.. if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

rev81

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
yea I searched Intel's site before posting here can ran across the same board, but it's not quite the same.. if I could figure out where the 'power sw' goes I'd be happy and plug in all the peripherals later.. sigh.. this sucks.

rev81

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
ok.. figured out where the power sw goes.. now I'm only left with a unmarked 4 pin plug and where it goes.. everything else is marked on the board and plugs.