Cannot access files on hard drive.

Fuz_10n

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Hi. I cannot access the files on one of my hard drives and I'm having trouble opening explore to check to see my hard drives (it is taking way too long than usual). I have run disk check and first couple of times got reports like , " Insufficient disk space to fix volume bitmap: CHKDSK aborted."
"Windows Delayed Write Failed; chkdsk fail; recovering. ..there is ample room on this drive, with approx. 80 GB free.....

, .. is this typical of corrupted files and bad sectors ? . Another thing , when I click r/click computer > manage > diskmanagement it dosen't show my hard drives , it seems to be trying to load, but dosen't get there. This sort of thing is a recurring problem where I open explore and it takes ages for the hard drives to show, or I fail to open the problem drive , also using the Western Digital utility 'Data Lifeguard' dosen't see the problem drive.
[/u]

Solution

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

If CHKDSK /f /r doesn't work you might have a virus that toasted your file system. A format might be neccessary to fix the problem! Sounds severe if chkdsk can't repair the problem! Try booting up with antivirus software to inspect the HDD!

Solution